Trump bans Transgenders from serving in Military (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
Sticky Post
After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump tweeted.

"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming...victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/26/trump-no-transgender-individuals-military/511858001/

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
That's dated the 25th. This latest move by Mattis is just today. I'm not sure what effect is has on the part of the order affecting medical procedures, but for the moment it looks like Mattis is standing up to Trump with regard to kicking trans out of the military.
Gotcha. I'm surprised nobody mentioned this at work today. Sadly, he is the CinC, and everyone will have to salute and move forward with his policy. This is a situation that would have benefitted him to listen to his Flag Commanders. Right now, it's just coming off as hateful, when he could have waited for a report that would have given him data to make a more informed decision, even if that decision agreed with him.

Guess we will see how much juice Mattis and Kelly really carry.

Ratings
I meant Mattis and Kelly, although Haley probably also works. I expect her to be out before long anyway.
Mattis is ignoring the transgender ban. Tillerson says the president speaks for himself on Charlotteville. Kelly is pushing out early Trump supporters. Sessions is ignoring Trump's bashing him to get Sessions to resign. At some point, Trump is going to get frustrated and do something majorly dumb. Maybe Pence steps in and will have the support of the cabinet.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
This is stupid. Let the military do its investigation. Interviews, records, everything it needs. Let the people who run the military decide not some orange draft dodger who happens to be president. If the military says it's ok, then follow their lead. If the military says yes with restrictions same. If the military says it causes unsolvable issues then the ban would be warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintmdterps

Well now take a look at that
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Who are the others IYO? I got Mattis, Kelly and maybe maybe Haley
McMasters and possibly Wilbur Ross. At least Ross hasn't consistently made the headlines for undermining his own department's mission, being woefully incompetent, or both.

The list of Trump appointees who aren't complete disasters fits nicely on one hand.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
..And predictably, Trump will have a fight on his hands

Two lawsuits challenge Trump transgender military service ban | Reuters

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 439.883px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="902154416094052352" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Nothing new for for the Dear Leader

Trump Lawsuits - How Many Times Donald Trump Has Been Sued in 2017

While it's not uncommon for a president to accumulate some lawsuits over the course of his administration, what is happening now is unlike anything we've seen in recent history. According to the Boston Globe, by May 5, President Trump had been sued a remarkable 134 times in federal court since his inauguration.

To put things in perspective, Obama had acquired 26 suits against him at that point in his presidency per the Globe; George W. Bush, seven.
What a complete embarrassment to the office of POTUS, and to the vast majority of the American people.

Ratings
Good luck on sueing the president

Nothing new for for the Dear Leader

Trump Lawsuits - How Many Times Donald Trump Has Been Sued in 2017

What a complete embarrassment to the office of POTUS, and to the vast majority of the American people.
I'm all for not having " trans " in the military , if someone is not right in their head I wouldn't want them covering my back . " transgender " a name made up to give to idiots who believe they are something they are not !

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Ratings

Tapxe

Coalescing the vapors of human existence
Ratings
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ops-continue-serving-pending-study/614711001/

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis late Tuesday announced that transgender troops will be allowed to continue serving in the military pending the results of a study by experts.

The announcement follows an order from President Trump &#8212; first announced in a tweet &#8212; declaring that transgender service members can no longer serve in the military, effectively reversing an Obama administration policy. The order also affects the Department of Homeland Security, which houses the Coast Guard.
Not sure what to make of this.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Ratings
McMasters and possibly Wilbur Ross. At least Ross hasn't consistently made the headlines for undermining his own department's mission, being woefully incompetent, or both.

The list of Trump appointees who aren't complete disasters fits nicely on one hand.
Wilbur Ross was the chair of one of the Cyprus banks directly tied to Russian money laundering. He is also secretary of commerce, where he stands to benefit directly via a number of different corporations. He has also been involved in allegedly insider trading and a number of other shady deals.

He is just a bit of a smarter crook than the rest of them.

Tapxe

Coalescing the vapors of human existence
Ratings
I'm all for not having " trans " in the military , if someone is not right in their head I wouldn't want them covering my back . " transgender " a name made up to give to idiots who believe they are something they are not !
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you hold no degrees in any field related to human sexuality, psychology, or military doctrine. Yet somehow you feel compelled to post with such authority on this subject.

While I can admire someone with strong ideals, I prefer those ideals be wrapped in knowledge rather than ignorance.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Ratings

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
.....and that's what I like about the South.........

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Ratings
Its the only defensible move. Even if banning transgendered from teh military was your sole cause and you believed it would save the country from certain ruin you still wait out the study.
Perhaps some lawyers got to him, perhaps he has half a brain on these matters, perhaps he just has some common sense.

If you want transgendered to serve you have to be happy that Trump did what he did because it not only looks bad, I think it greatly helps those people suing him in court on the issue.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
How do feel about having someone " not right in their head" as POTUS??

Your post demonstrates a complete lack of what " transgender" means. Not to conflate trans and gay but I'm quite sure you realize Alexander the Great was gay, as were his elite guards. How would you feel about them "covering your back" as it were?

OP
OP
Heathen Saint

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings

And I wouldn't want someone suspecting their fellow soldiers of "not being right in the head" covering my back. Do you think gay soldiers should be allowed to serve? Or are they not right in the head based on your expansive knowledge on the subject of biology also?

Let's be honest, though. We all know you'd never say any of this to a transgender service member's face. Someone like Kristen Beck, who served 20 years to help protect your right to voice confident ignorance. Ironically, the man who is trying to set in motion this unamerican ban also would never face the people he persecutes in real life. An accurate role model for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom