Trump bans Transgenders from serving in Military (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump tweeted.

"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming...victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/26/trump-no-transgender-individuals-military/511858001/

sbadeaux

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well I’m not a big Trump supporter by any means. I must say though I also believe the military is not a social experiment. They have one job to kill people. I’ve never believed we should use the military to try to move social issues and I don’t understand it. I don’t know how anyone with half a brain could not see that it could cause problems with some of the military personnel. I don’t know about you I don’t want the military worrying about anything but training. For whatever job there cast with.

Personally I don’t think I would have a problem with someone who is transgender serving in the military. But then again I’m not a military guy I know sometimes they think differently. To me it’s kind a like women serving In frontline combat. I know there are women who are very capable but then you get back to that old story of possibly having relationships and causing issues within the ranks. You have some man who undoubtedly will think it’s their responsibility to take care of the women within their troops. Which in itself could cause issues. Very complicated matter . I’m not sure I know the answer but I would probably leave it up to the military hierarchy to make these decisions .

Saildawg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well I’m not a big Trump supporter by any means. I must say though I also believe the military is not a social experiment. They have one job to kill people. I’ve never believed we should use the military to try to move social issues and I don’t understand it. I don’t know how anyone with half a brain could not see that it could cause problems with some of the military personnel. I don’t know about you I don’t want the military worrying about anything but training. For whatever job there cast with.

Personally I don’t think I would have a problem with someone who is transgender serving in the military. But then again I’m not a military guy I know sometimes they think differently. To me it’s kind a like women serving In frontline combat. I know there are women who are very capable but then you get back to that old story of possibly having relationships and causing issues within the ranks. You have some man who undoubtedly will think it’s their responsibility to take care of the women within their troops. Which in itself could cause issues. Very complicated matter . I’m not sure I know the answer but I would probably leave it up to the military hierarchy to make these decisions .
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is absolute BS. From a draft dodger, cadet Bonespurs. <a href="https://t.co/mpjXjv2h5X">pic.twitter.com/mpjXjv2h5X</a></p>— Hoodlum 🇺🇸 (@TrumpsareNazis) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrumpsareNazis/status/977372337678045184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oye

shopgirl's metaphysic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have one job to kill people.
the fact that you believe this really does call into question anything else you type about this legislation

I’ve never believed we should use the military to try to move social issues and I don’t understand it.
when taxes, from society, prop up the military and includes people drawn from that society, how can you say it's not a 'social issue'?

It's absolutely a social issue. Every conflict this country has been a part of has been a 'social issue'

I don’t know how anyone with half a brain
I don't think, based on your opinions in this post, that you really possess the credibility to say that someone who thinks "x" about the military is lacking in brains based on their opinions. It invalidates thoughts that might well be more informed than yours. It's unnecessarily dismissive

For whatever job there cast with.
you *just* said it was to kill people

you get back to that old story of possibly having relationships and causing issues within the ranks.
this sounds strange coming from someone who is homosexual. Do you have the same reservations about there existing a homosexual relationship that could cause issues within the ranks?

I’m not sure I know the answer but I would probably leave it up to the military hierarchy to make these decisions
and military people disagree with you - many of them, anyway, including those in the "military hierarchy"

do you think they only have "half a brain"?

It really reads like you didn't give this very much thought at all.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think this is best dealt with on an individual level, ignoring anything except ability to do their job. There are plenty of safeguards in place if an individual is unable to perform their duties and the military uses them all the time.

Excluding people from serving simply because they belong to a certain class of people seems mean spirited, ill informed and prejudiced. But then consider the source.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta love it when people who have never served decide what is best over the opinions of the people actively serving. You go Cadet Bone Spurs. You know what’s best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The SC is allowing the Transgender Ban to stand. Disappointing that we have now established sex litmus test brought on by religious ideology to serve in the military after making so much progress. The very real consequences of conservative Supreme Court. LGBTQ+ rights are in for a long/sustained assault after making so much progress.

(CNN)The Supreme Court allowed President Donald Trump's transgender military ban to go into effect on Tuesday, dealing a blow to LGBT activists who call the ban cruel and irrational.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/scotus-transgender-ban/index.html?adkey=bn

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"The Justices did not rule on the merits of the case, but will allow the ban to go forward while the lower courts work through it. "

Can't the lower courts block it, if they warrant it, while they work through it?

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"The Justices did not rule on the merits of the case, but will allow the ban to go forward while the lower courts work through it. "

Can't the lower courts block it, if they warrant it, while they work through it?
I believe the lower courts had previously blocked the ban while it was going through the court system. And now the SC is saying the ban can stand while it moves through the court system. So I doubt the lower courts can block it again.

They can rule that the ban is not legal, to which it will eventually go to the supreme court and it will be overturned because of the conservative court. So they've pretty much ruled at this point that they're going to allow it to stand for good, regardless of what is said. It will take a new administration to change it.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Elections have consequences. This could have been prevented if 70K people against it, got out and voted.

They did not.
Or if 70,000 votes weren't siphoned off by third and fourth party candidates who had zero chance at actually being elected. I wonder if the people who voted third party would have done so if they really thought Trump was going to win.

Reaction score
Or if 70,000 votes weren't siphoned off by third and fourth party candidates who had zero chance at actually being elected. I wonder if the people who voted third party would have done so if they really thought Trump was going to win.
I disagree on this. Maybe in this specific incidence, but we need ranked choice...

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I disagree on this. Maybe in this specific incidence, but we need ranked choice...
I'm definitely only talking about this specific election.

I'm usually a third party supporter since I am registered as no affiliation, but couldn't bring myself to vote for Stein or McMullen in this one because of how dangerous I knew Trump would be with the power of the office of POTUS being occupied by him and his criminal family.

Last edited:

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really, in Louisiana, it would not have mattered. If literally every 3rd party voter in the state had gone Clinton, Trump still would have received all 8 votes. The Electoral College needs to be abolished (but that's for another thread).

Numbers sourced from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_Louisiana

Edit: More addressed at the second part of your statement. I do understand the point you're making though.

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom