Trump now tweeting out against Senators "always looking to start World War III" (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The joint statement of former presidential candidates John McCain &amp; Lindsey Graham is wrong - they are sadly weak on immigration. The two...</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825822320128303110">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">...Senators should focus their energies on ISIS, illegal immigration and border security instead of always looking to start World War III.</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825823217025691648">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The joint statement of former presidential candidates John McCain &amp; Lindsey Graham is wrong - they are sadly weak on immigration. The two...</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825822320128303110">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">...Senators should focus their energies on ISIS, illegal immigration and border security instead of always looking to start World War III.</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/825823217025691648">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's true. Graham and McCain are itching to fight Russia and let millions of illegals in.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's true. Graham and McCain are itching to fight Russia and let millions of illegals in.
You're going to need to back up that statement, if you can. Show us statements from those two honorable men stating they want war with Russia and that they want open borders. Otherwise, it's just fake news. :idunno:

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can see why you share such a symbiotic relationship with Trump. Two peas in a pod.

:elefant:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is the statement.

“Our government has a responsibility to defend our borders, but we must do so in a way that makes us safer and upholds all that is decent and exceptional about our nation.

It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted. We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.

“Such a hasty process risks harmful results. We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.

Ultimately, we fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism. At this very moment, American troops are fighting side-by-side with our Iraqi partners to defeat ISIL. But this executive order bans Iraqi pilots from coming to military bases in Arizona to fight our common enemies. Our most important allies in the fight against ISIL are the vast majority of Muslims who reject its apocalyptic ideology of hatred. This executive order sends a signal, intended or not, that America does not want Muslims coming into our country. That is why we fear this executive order may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security.”
But somehow they're war mongering? Are you serious? You can't be. I just don't think you bother reading anything in order to make an attempt to understand much.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How on earth was their statement in any way, shape, or form, an attempt to start WWIII? is there something else we're missing? Otherwise, someone would have to be amazingly stupid.

OP
Saintaholic

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're going to need to back up that statement, if you can. Show us statements from those two honorable men stating they want war with Russia and that they want open borders. Otherwise, it's just fake news. :idunno:
I appreciate your effort but that post didn't warrant a genuine response.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know people like to call the PDB liberal and claim Reublicans get ganged up on here but honestly, the quality of posts from Republican posters, with a few exceptions, is just awful. I sympathize with them, they are trying to defend someone that shouldn't run a popsicle stand much less a country, but for the love of all that's holy at least try. You all look like Favre on that record breaking Strahan sack.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know people like to call the PDB liberal and claim Reublicans get ganged up on here but honestly, the quality of posts from Republican posters, with a few exceptions, is just awful. I sympathize with them, they are trying to defend someone that shouldn't run a popsicle stand much less a country, but for the love of all that's holy at least try. You all look like Favre on that record breaking Strahan sack.

I have a couple of friends that can usually hold their own defending the current state of the GOP and Trump. The key is that they know what they're talking about (use actual facts and data rather than unquestioned premises that they hear third-hand that started with Sean Hannity) and, most critically, they are further credible by being honest and saying when they don't personally agree with a specific policy or statement.

I think we all benefit from hearing different perspectives articulated and defended. And sometimes the anti-GOP crowd here can be a bit bullying, in all fairness. But for whatever reason (maybe they have elected to go elsewhere) the roster on the right on this board isn't very deep. There are a few that come to mind, but they don't always participate.

I also think a lot of us here aren't really Democrats or "left" as some might think. It's just the current state of things leaves little room to be anything but critical.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends that can usually hold their own defending the current state of the GOP and Trump. The key is that they know what they're talking about (use actual facts and data rather than unquestioned premises that they hear third-hand that started with Sean Hannity) and, most critically, they are further credible by being honest and saying when they don't personally agree with a specific policy or statement.

I think we all benefit from hearing different perspectives articulated and defended. And sometimes the anti-GOP crowd here can be a bit bullying, in all fairness. But for whatever reason (maybe they have elected to go elsewhere) the roster on the right on this board isn't very deep. There are a few that come to mind, but they don't always participate.

I also think a lot of us here aren't really Democrats or "left" as some might think. It's just the current state of things leaves little room to be anything but critical.
I agree, especially with your last statement. This board isn't all that left leaning on policy, but it tends to be anti Republican which has more to do with the state of the party than the board.

I find most of my knowledgeable friends, even those who are Republican, have thrown the towel in on defending Trump. The bubble folks are still defending away, but with a set of facts the would make the Pathological Liars Anonymous guy on SNL cringe. A lot like what we see here.

I know for a fact, because they've told me, that some of our good right leaning posters got embarrassed by some of the less informed guys and stopped posting. It was hard for them to mount intelligent arguments in the Batman role when Robin was so ridiculous. We still have some good ones around (Mr Sparkle is outstanding) and some guys that will do a good job in the Devils Advocate role, like JE. It would be nice to be able to get some decent discussion on policy going again. We are at a crossroads in this country and there is a lot both sides can learn from each other. Sadly it's hard to find folks to discuss Republican policy with, but I think that's because the Republicans don't have a firm idea of what their policies are beyond the obvious meat for the base.

VoodooChild85

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is the statement.

But somehow they're war mongering? Are you serious? You can't be. I just don't think you bother reading anything in order to make an attempt to understand much.
Trump supporters?? Read??? Pffft

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate your effort but that post didn't warrant a genuine response.
I didn't feel like letting him think it was an acceptable statement.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I think we're pretty much down to anecdotal defenses Trump. I work with a physical therapist who voted for him because he saw him as someone who was not a DC insider and would not play favorites in changing the system. He also figured that Trump could not be bought. Bill doesn't say much about Trump right now.

Days without a Trump national/international embarrassment--zero

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom