Trump pulls US forces from northern Syria - Turkey launches offensive on positions in Kurdish-controlled region (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Finally getting us out of Syria. No more American troops should die there. Trump not only truly cares about minorities, he also cares about our troops.

His "party" doesn't like it...

Axehandle33

Veteran
Reaction score

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Finally getting us out of Syria. No more American troops should die there. Trump not only truly cares about minorities, he also cares about our troops.
Do you understand that this means abandoning our Kurdish allies, who have in many ways fought a proxy war for the US? For years, the Kurdish Peshmerga were the only forces capable of defeating ISIS and now people like Trump think it's ok to leave them twisting in the breeze.

Axehandle33

Veteran
Reaction score
Do you understand that this means abandoning our Kurdish allies, who have in many ways fought a proxy war for the US? For years, the Kurdish Peshmerga were the only forces capable of defeating ISIS and now people like Trump think it's ok to leave them twisting in the breeze.
yes, I do understand. I’ve actuallyhad some Kurdish friends over the years also. My best friend even helped train some in Iraq. We’ve been giving them weapons and training them for years. That’s not our job anymore. There is no reason to risk another American life in Syria. The Kurds need to negotiate something with Syria and or Russia. That shouldn’t be our problem. We have kids fighting their father’s war. It’s time to get out

eta: the Pershmerga is Iraqi Kurds, not Syrian

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The reason we took out ISIS in Iraq with so little loss of lives is that the Kurds loss thousands fighting for us. To betray them now is maleficence like we have rarely seen in this countries history. Plus we are doing this without consulting our allies who also have troops there.

Axehandle33

Veteran
Reaction score
The reason we took out ISIS in Iraq with so little loss of lives is that the Kurds loss thousands fighting for us. To betray them now is maleficence like we have rarely seen in this countries history. Plus we are doing this without consulting our allies who also have troops there.
We have been apart of killing thousands of Iraqis and Syrians, completely destroying cities to take back from ISIS, thousands of Americans have died in the ME. We’ve built up the Iraqi military and Kurdish forces over and over, Syria doesn’t want us there. It’s time to get out. If ISIS takes over again than that’s on them. We obviously don’t know what we are doing there, the last couple decades have proven that

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yes, I do understand. I’ve actuallyhad some Kurdish friends over the years also. My best friend even helped train some in Iraq. We’ve been giving them weapons and training them for years. That’s not our job anymore. There is no reason to risk another American life in Syria. The Kurds need to negotiate something with Syria and or Russia. That shouldn’t be our problem. We have kids fighting their father’s war. It’s time to get out

I agree it's time to get out, but we need to do it right. There will be no reason for Turkey or Russia to negotiate anything with the Kurds now. Without us there they can wipe them out without breaking a sweat.

It's not if we should get out, it's how. We should facilitate negotiating a deal first because we are the only ones with leverage. The Kurds have none.

Axehandle33

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree it's time to get out, but we need to do it right. There will be no reason for Turkey or Russia to negotiate anything with the Kurds now. Without us there they can wipe them out without breaking a sweat.

It's not if we should get out, it's how. We should facilitate negotiating a deal first because we are the only ones with leverage. The Kurds have none.
The Kurds have been defending themselves for thousands of years. Do we need to keep troops there defending them for another thousand? Even Assad sent forces to help them a couple years ago, to fight Turkey. That’s Syria and Russians problem. We’ve spent enough resources on the Kurds.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score

Protecting the Kurds is a worthy use of the US military. They have been nothing but loyal to us.

The amount of Kurdish lives that have been spent to serve our national interest compels us to risk American lives to defend them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom