Trump Tower New Orleans Has New Design (1 Viewer)

And Donald Trump and all of his investors in this building just closed the deal and construction is about to start.. CONGRATS TO TRUMP AND ANYONE FROM NEW ORLEANS For getting this thing done, this will certainly be a catapult to a brand spankin new City that will grow into one of the most Elite Envyous Cities of the Gulf South taking that title from Houston sooner or later.

I heard is that they hit [another] bump in the road at the City Planning Commission meeting today...a traffic study that must be completed before the they'll render a decison...groundbreaking pushed back to June/July.

Do you have other information?

This is a slick looking building. I hope that all phases of final approval and construction go smoothly. Hey, what ever happened to that Jazz park, city hall to Dominion Tower, etc plan?

still trying to get funding.

looking like the scale wouldn't be nearly as large as first proposed. but at the very least, the Hyatt renovation will happen. the rest - one can hope.

I work right across the street from the proposed building.

It will be nice to go out and see that building as part of the skyline.

Joe

...Geez- How many buildings are they replacing the WTC with? 85??

Well, the previous WTC was a campus of 7 buildings.

Best known for its iconic 110-story Twin Towers, the World Trade Center was beset by a fire on February 13, 1975 and a bombing on February 26, 1993. All of the original buildings in the complex were destroyed in a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001: 1 WTC, 2 WTC (North and South Towers) and 7 WTC collapsed; 3 WTC (Marriott Hotel) was crushed by the collapses of 1 WTC and 2 WTC; and 4 WTC, 5 WTC, and 6 WTC were damaged beyond repair and later demolished. In addition, St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church (not part of the complex) was destroyed by the collapse of 2 WTC.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center)

So is this Trump Tower only going to take up the space of those little parking lots along Poydras? I can't imagine they'd be able to tear down the one hotel that is behind it on the northern edge and along Magazine on the side closer to the river there is Bon Ton Cafe. That's going to be one skinny building if it only occupies the footprint of the parking lots. It will be nice if they can manage to do it without tearing down any of those older buildings though. As long as I can still get bread pudding at Bon Ton, I'm all for this thing.

So is this Trump Tower only going to take up the space of those little parking lots along Poydras? I can't imagine they'd be able to tear down the one hotel that is behind it on the northern edge and along Magazine on the side closer to the river there is Bon Ton Cafe. That's going to be one skinny building if it only occupies the footprint of the parking lots. It will be nice if they can manage to do it without tearing down any of those older buildings though. As long as I can still get bread pudding at Bon Ton, I'm all for this thing.

That is the plan to put it in the that parking lot. The skinny building idea is getting popular for condos. Gives the residents more glass so a better view.

I heard is that they hit [another] bump in the road at the City Planning Commission meeting today...a traffic study that must be completed before the they'll render a decison...groundbreaking pushed back to June/July.

Do you have other information?

A traffic study? Par for the course unfortunately. This sort of thing isn't uncommon in any other city, but we seem to never know when to let a good thing ride.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom