Trump's First Press Conference - 1/11/17 (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SUyAk0bYps0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I only got to watch the first 20-30 minutes.

In that time, the usual things stuck out. He's all over the place. He says a few things I'm good with, and then he says other things that are kinda nuts.

I did laugh at his germaphobe comment. That was good.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So you missed the mini-meltdown towards the end with the CNN reporter?

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing he tried to run it like a campaign rally, then acted like a jack*** when reporters tried to ask real questions.

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I haven't watched it either, but I know the Australian Dollar improved about 1.5c against the USD.

So I for one hope he keeps saying stupid things, because it will make my objective of coming to NOLA later this year more affordable.

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
I really loved his staff being there for random bursts of applause.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, stacking the room with a shill crowd to fake responses is beyond disgusting. It's not filmed before a live studio audience. Have some dignity.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most honest man I think I've ever heard speak. Wow. Can't believe how much thought he has given to doing this for the American people

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I really loved his staff being there for random bursts of applause.
I thought that was the weirdest thing about it.

I started thinking about it and I am pretty sure I have never heard/seen anything like that.

Do you know it was his staff? I thought maybe some members of the public had been allowed in. But then I remembered it was in Manhattan.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BBC I think reported that he had over 40 non-press business associates packed in along the walls. I'm not sure if there was staff too.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't find the article on BBC with the number, but here's a comment about it under the heading "The Peanut Gallery".

Trump press event a theatre of the absurd - BBC News

During the press conference, Mr Trump would deliver a sharp rebuke and be greeted with applause. Mr Trump would crack a joke followed by laughter. Mr Trump would ask a rhetorical question, and get a chorus of responses.

It was enough to make some viewers wonder whether the normally reserved reporters were throwing their lot in with the soon-to-be president.

In fact, the animated reactions were coming from Trump supporters, political staff and business employees who were crammed into the Trump Tower lobby along with journalists.

Given that Mr Trump seems to draw energy from a welcoming crowd, stacking a press conference with a friendly audience may not be a bad idea from a strategic standpoint. It made for an odd experience when juxtaposed with his sometimes aggressive press questioners - and will be even more peculiar if the practice is continued in the White House briefing room.
Business Insider, though, reports paid staffers were crowded in and were trying to be crowd-warmers: Paid staffers were on hand to cheer for Trump at his press conference - Business Insider

FatCitySaint

Drag The Waters
Reaction score

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most honest man I think I've ever heard speak. Wow. Can't believe how much thought he has given to doing this for the American people
Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Even the most loyal Trump supporters don't believe this.

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping Trump would act Presidential once he assumed the position, but it looks like my hopes were dashed....this could be a very embarrassing 4 years. This is coming from somebody that has voted predominantly Republican all of my life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom