Trump's most recent lie (1 Viewer)

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'll try to keep a list of Trump's lies and distortions, and will occasionally come back to add to the list. It will be impossible to list everything and keep up, because I'm not that motivated, but I'll occasionally update it. Here is the latest:

27 NOV 2016: "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally"

Donald Trump's Pants on Fire claim that millions of illegal votes cost him popular vote victory | PolitiFact

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

There were two lies here. 1st, it was not a landslide electoral college win. He only got 36 electoral votes more than needed. Also, 45 out of 56 presidential elections got a higher percentage of electoral votes. The 2nd lie was saying that millions of people voted illegally without any proof.

---------------------
9 DEC 2016: "Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show"

Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show | The Huffington Post

---------------------

The Toronto Star is much more capable of keeping up, so I'll include the link that Nolapse provided in his post. If nothing else, it'll give me a way to find the link in the future after Nolapse's post gets pushed off of the front page:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This isn't a "lie", per se, but another gem in the daily Donald Trump says the dumbest things bin (from today):

Breaking with the tradition of receiving daily intelligence updates, the president-elect claimed that hearing such classified information would just get repetitive. “I get it when I need it,” he said on Fox News Sunday today. “I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.”
But you can add this one to it.

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
"If you want to keep you Dr. you can keep you Dr." "Most families will see a savings of $2500 per year on our plan." "There were no classified emails on my server." I could go on and on but why? Trump won and Hillary lost its time to move on and stop crying. One week from Monday it will be official and Unless you want to spend the next 8 years in a funk then give the guy a chance.

gummbo70114

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
"If you want to keep you Dr. you can keep you Dr." "Most families will see a savings of $2500 per year on our plan." "There were no classified emails on my server." I could go on and on but why? Trump won and Hillary lost its time to move on and stop crying. One week from Monday it will be official and Unless you want to spend the next 8 years in a funk then give the guy a chance.
Obama's 8yrs are up it's know time to beat on your choice (and yes he is wast of human life).But you'll learn soon enough.:rolleyes:

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Whataboutism is a term describing a propaganda technique used by the Soviet Union in its dealings with the Western world during the Cold War. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the response would be "What about..." followed by the naming of an event in the Western world.[1][2] It represents a case of tu quoque or the appeal to hypocrisy,[3] a logical fallacy which attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position, without directly refuting or disproving the opponent's initial argument
Good day, Comrade Higher.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So instead of addressing the history of our future president's pathological lying (among other things) and how it could effect our country's future, you think it better to point fingers at the past president and losing candidate for the same thing?

Can't say I saw that coming :rolleyes:

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are right that is what I was doing. But we all know that if you dissect every sentence that is said in public there is going to be someone that calls every other thing you say a lie.
Bernstein says Trump's lies worse than Nixon's | TheHill

"Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way this president-elect does," Bernstein said on CNN's "Reliable Sources."
Bernstein also slammed what he called a "growing sense of authoritarianism" from Trump and his campaign.

"Richard Nixon was nothing, in terms of lying, compared to what we have seen from Donald Trump," he said.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Nixon actually accomplished a lot of good things as president, overshadowed by Watergate and etc., but still. It is interesting to compare Nixon to Trump. Their campaigns are remarkably similar. If Trump only turns out to be as bad as Nixon I'd be willing to call that a win, considering the circumstances.

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
You know I have been goin back and watching election results since the Carter election in the 70's until now and there is one underlying theme. When liberals lose they cry and whine. In recent times there was as much disgust on the right towards Obama but no protests. And no the Tea Party was not the same kind of protests that we have seen before Trump takes office. You guys are weak. You need to grow a set and when your guy loses try to become better by getting better not by crying [MOD Edit :nono: ]because you should've won. At no time in America's history has it put up with liberals for too long and then it has to put the grown ups back in charge of things. So calm down and let us get things back on track and we'll give you another shot at screwing things up again. But just remember when you get control back we will have the SCOTUS for 3-4 decades so you can't get too far out of control.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
you know i have been goin back and watching election results since the carter election in the 70's until now and there is one underlying theme. When liberals lose they cry and whine. In recent times there was as much disgust on the right towards obama but no protests. And no the tea party was not the same kind of protests that we have seen before trump takes office. You guys are weak. You need to grow a set and when your guy loses try to become better by getting better not by crying [mod edit :nono: ]because you should've won. At no time in america's history has it put up with liberals for too long and then it has to put the grown ups back in charge of things. So calm down and let us get things back on track and we'll give you another shot at screwing things up again. But just remember when you get control back we will have the scotus for 3-4 decades so you can't get too far out of control.
old.bill.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The only question is whether it's knowing trolling or if he believes his own lies.

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The only question is whether it's knowing trolling or if he believes his own lies.
Probably believes it. Trump has backed off on just about every single campaign promise. All that populist rhetoric was just that. The cherry on top of this buyer's remorse is they may have elected America's first Russian manchurian president. The only people left defending the man are the party over country types.

I do agree with him about one thing. Let the "grown-up's" run things. Let them repeal /wo replacing obamacare, let them gut SS, and give big tax breaks to the wealthy. Maybe I watched to much Westworld. I'm starting to believe we have a lot of dull light-bulbs in this country that will only learn lessons through pain, and misery. Classes start Jan. 20th.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, selective memory going on there. Last time I saw a Trump supporter assert that there had been no protests about Obama, I went back to 2008 and linked the articles about the protests.

It had zero effect, they are taking their cue from Trump himself - repeat a lie often enough, even an outrageous lie, and people just quit challenging it.

Also, the right lately has been launching serious criticism of the left for being elitist and dismissive of any views other than their own. It's a valid criticism, IMO, and I have no doubt that left leaning folks will take it to heart. I'd just like to point out, however, that this sort of attitude is by no means confined to the left and offer his post as exhibit A.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom