TruSaint's Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let me start by saying if fisher, mingo, Jarvis, dion Jordan or Ansah are there we stay put, if not we trade down to acquire a first and second rounder

1. Lane Johnson LT
2. Alex Okafor rolb
3. Jordan poyer CB
4. Brandon's Jenkins/Jackson jeffcoat/Michael Buchanan lolb
5. Terron armstead RT
6. Josh Boyd/Brandon Williams nose tackle
7. Ray ray Armstrong strong safety

Took poyer over Rambo because I still believe Jenkins can be what he was in 2011 with a pass rush and playing center field with his great instincts not in the box every play

I tried to be as realistic as possible while also addressing our needs. Enjoy

My Pre-Superbowl Mock Draft:

1st Rd - Jesse Williams - NT - Alabama
3rd Rd - Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida State
4th Rd - B.W. Webb - CB - William & Mary
5th Rd - David Bass - OLB - Missouri Western
6th Rd - Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State
7th Rd - Cooper Taylor - SS - Richmond

Let me start by saying if fisher, mingo, Jarvis, dion Jordan or Ansah are there we stay put, if not we trade down to acquire a first and second rounder

1. Lane Johnson LT
2. Alex Okafor rolb
3. Jordan poyer CB
5. Terron armstead RT

Took poyer over Rambo because I still believe Jenkins can be what he was in 2011 with a pass rush and playing center field with his great instincts not in the box every play

I like your draft, I'm not sure Brandon Williams will last to the 6th. Montori Hughes will probably be available there.

1. Lane Johnson LT
2. Alex Okafor rolb
3. Jordan poyer CB
5. Terron armstead RT

Jenkins and "great instinct" is not very realistic. Everybody is assuming Johnson will be there if we trade down, i believe he will be a top 12 pick.

I like your draft, I'm not sure Brandon Williams will last to the 6th. Montori Hughes will probably be available there.

I agree but ivw also heard since the senior bowl his stock dropped because he wasn't very effective vs the better talent and will drop but if not I
would love to boyd or stefan Charles

My Pre-Superbowl Mock Draft:

1st Rd - Jesse Williams - NT - Alabama
3rd Rd - Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida State
4th Rd - B.W. Webb - CB - William & Mary
5th Rd - David Bass - OLB - Missouri Western
6th Rd - Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State
7th Rd - Cooper Taylor - SS - Richmond
Why Williams over Richardson or Hankins/Jenkins? IMO Jesse won't go before the 4th round.

1. Lane Johnson LT
2. Alex Okafor rolb
3. Jordan poyer CB
5. Terron armstead RT

Nice draft but I don't see Poyer lasting past pick 45.

Since we pick at #15, for us to get a second (and this is just a base line based off the draft value chart) we'd have to trade down to #25. Anything higher and we may have to give up a late round pick; anything lower and we'd probably acquire an additional late round pick. This is assuming that teams follow the chart to a tee.

With that said, you think Johnson lasts until #25? Also, it would require Okafor to last until pick #57. That may be far fetched considering some teams have him with a first round grade.

It's a good looking draft; however, with all the differing positions of need around the league and the blue-chippers at different positions, I feel confident that at least one of Richardson, Jordan, Mingo, Ansah, or Fisher (I'm forgetting somebody here) will still be there and we will grab him (one of them).

Why Williams over Richardson or Hankins/Jenkins? IMO Jesse won't go before the 4th round.

Well... simply put, the other 3 DT/NT, lack Williams' work ethic and upside. Also, I believe we could trade down from our 15 spot and still land Williams in the early 20's, while grabbing a 2nd rounder. However, I didnt put that in my mock, because that is too much speculation on my behalf.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom