TruSaint's NFL MockDraft - Post Combine (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This draft is completely unbiased to the Saints and I did what I would do if I was the GM of the team.

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - they just traded for alex smith so they wont take a QB, they don't need a pass rusher , no cb is worth the #1 spot so they go BPA.

2. Jags - Bjoern Werner - Worst pass rush in the league. Consistent and still have unlimited potential.

3. Raiders - Sheldon Richardson - They badly need a DT and a pass rusher, this gives them both.

4. Eagles - Eric Fisher - Need a tackle

5. Lions - Ezekiel Ansah - Losing cliff avril and KVB, ansah can play either DE spot.

6. Browns - Barkevious Mingo - Switching to a 3-4, already have their strongside with jabaal sheard, will need a fast rush backer.

7. Cardinals - Matt Barkley - Wanted Fisher but he's gone and too high for lane johnson. Supposedly the Cardinals have fallen in love with Matt Barkley from reports.

8. Bills - Geno Smith - The Bills have already publicly stated they are going QB here, could it be a smoke screen? Sure but not with Geno Smith on the board.

9. Jets - Dee Milliner - If Revis is really out they will need a CB badly, if revis stays the pick could change to dion jordan or jarvis jones.

10. Titans - Chance Warmack - need a G and they get one and possibly the best player in the entire draft.

11. Chargers - Lane Johnson - In terrible need for an OT, also need a pass rusher but they have invested a lot lately and havent worked out, they go rusher in free agency.

12. Dolphins - Cordarelle Patterson - 6"3 size 4.37 speed and catches with his hands. Extremely athletic and can even play RB. Dolphins finally get the weapon they need at WR

13. Bucs - Johnathan Banks - Bucs have to go with the best CB available since they have zero.

14. Panthers - Star Lotoulieli - I hate Star falling this far to the panthers but after his heart conditions and short arms he will and the panthers need a DT in the worst way.

15. Saints - Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones - I have 1 of them going to us here at the other going to the Steelers at 17. Dion Jordan is the better athlete and has more potential. For someone his size his speed and coverage ability are unheard of. Has good hand usage and could really develop into an all around terror. Jarvis is a better football player now. True playmaker and there is nothing he can't do. Rush the QB, stop the run, coverage, force fumbles, INT's he is phenominal.

16. Rams - Johnathan Cooper - Need OG bad

17. Steelers - Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones - See pick 15

18. Cowboys - Sharif Floyd - switching to a 4-3, need the best tackle available.

19. Giants - Kevin Minter - Giants have a loaded team at every single position, but linebacker, they take the best ILB in the draft.

20. Bears - Alec Ogletree - Last time the Bears took a converted safety to ILB they got Urlacher, now they draft his replacement.

21. Bengals - Alex Okafor - With Michael Johnson leaving they get a steal in okafor and the BPA.

22. Rams - Keenan Allen - Bradford is desperate for a playmaker and they get him a stud WR late in the first.

23. Vikings - Tavon Austin - With percy leaving they get his twin but only faster and better route runner.

24. Colts - John Jenkins - Have developed a decent defense but need a NT

25. Seahawks - Datone Jones - With Clemmons getting older they look to grab a perfect compliment to the speed Bruce Irvin.

26. Packers - DJ Fluker - While the packers can pass the ball they can't run it to save their lives. Fluker is a beast at run blocking

27. Texans - DeAndre Hopkins - Will finally have a compliment to Andre Johnson and his eventual replacement.

28. Broncos - Johnathan Hankins/Xavier Rhodes - their DT's are terrible. Also need cb help.

29. Patriots - Kenny Vaccaro - Pats will prob trade out of the pick but if not they take vaccaro who is a need and BPA.

30. Falcons - Sam Montgomery - Eww this hurts but they need a DE and Sam is the best one left.

31. 49ers - Desmond Trufant - Stacked team accross the board, could use another corner.

32. Ravens - Manti Teo/Matt Elam - they need ILB and safety help, have decided which one more though. Depends if Reed resigns.

Sharrif Floyd not in the first round and Vacarro dropping to the Pats, makes this mock a fail.

I think Jordan goes before Mingo. Can't go wrong with either but I think Jordan has the edge.

I think Jordan goes before Mingo. Can't go wrong with either but I think Jordan has the edge.

I would do backflips if we got mingo, I think he's the better blitzig olb.

What gives Jordan the edge, Combine numbers?

Mingo will either be situational/3rd down pass rushing end or an olb in 3-4....he played down as 4-3 end in college and will take time to develpope as olb-playing in space-he will get handled at DE at next level until he adds weight/bulk....Jordan has size and athletic ability to play either de or 3-4 olb-he is much more experienced in coverage and in space than Mingo at this time....not saying Mingo cant eventually be really good 3-4 olb but it will take him time to adjust

Last edited:
What gives Jordan the edge, Combine numbers?

No but for 3-4 teams he's definitely has much more experience in coverage, he's used to playing in space. His sacks were similar to Mingo's and given the way Oregon used him he didn't rush the passer as much as Mingo did. Slightly bigger frame but both he and Mingo could add some more weight.

I like them both, I'd just give Jordan the slight edge. And IMO I don't think teams will knock him down on their board because of the shoulder injury.

A few of my thoughts:
- I don't see a scenario where Werner goes #2.
- I think the Eagles go DT at this point. They released Jenkins and will release Patterson. Creates a HUGE need for them at this point.
- I don't like your Jets pick. I think they go pass rusher or WR. Their CBs played fine in coverage last year without Revis.
- I wonder if your reaching Banks to the Bucs because of need. I think they could get better value at CB with their 2nd round pick.
- If Star is healthy, I don't think he falls that far. If he isn't then he may fall further. I had him falling in my mock but it was unorthodox and more to create discussion than be realistic.
- I'd LOVE Dion Jordan if he were available when we picked. I'm beginning to think that may not be the case with him, Mingo, or Ansah at this point.
- I don't think Floyd fall that far. Tampa would have to JUMP on the opportunity to grab him if he's available.
- Love the Minter pick.
- Love the Keenan Allen pick.
- Don't like the Austin pick. Vikes could use help elsewhere. They don't have to trade Harvin, he has ZERO leverage at the moment.
- Datone Jones to Seattle is a good fit. He could basically replace Jason Jones. Datone can play about 3 or 4 positions in the front seven.
- Fluker to Packers.....interesting. Do you project him on the left or right side? You think they are going to stick with Derrek Sherrod?
- You have Vaccaro taking a heck of a nose dive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom