TruSaint's Take from Game 1: (1 Viewer)

Still in the 1st quarter. More O-Line opinions.

1) Senio is quick, aware of his assignments, reacting fast - but is he strong enough?
2) Lelito is NFL strong, looks the part - but is he aware enough, quick enough?
3) Jack Allen is a player - if he doesn't make (at least) the practice squad, I'll be shocked
4) Tony Hills is better than I thought he was - he's dominating his opponent

Still in the 1st quarter. More O-Line opinions.

1) Senio is quick, aware of his assignments, reacting fast - but is he strong enough?
2) Lelito is NFL strong, looks the part - but is he aware enough, quick enough?

3) Jack Allen is a player - if he doesn't make (at least) the practice squad, I'll be shocked
4) Tony Hills is better than I thought he was - he's dominating his opponent
So what you're saying is we need to fuse Senio and Lelito into one entity? :scratch:

So what you're saying is we need to fuse Senio and Lelito into one entity? :scratch:

Yea. But -only the best parts of each. Not the other way 'round.

So, re-watching the 2nd quarter now - and what I have to scream is, stop and run to the computer to share it is... WHO is #90? Wow! Even though I already know. Geaux Nick Fairley. He just impressed the hell out of me on that play.

I'm not worried about the defense anymore.

Yea. But -only the best parts of each. Not the other way 'round.

So, re-watching the 2nd quarter now - and what I have to scream is, stop and run to the computer to share it is... WHO is #90? Wow! Even though I already know. Geaux Nick Fairley. He just impressed the hell out of me on that play.

I'm not worried about the defense anymore.

Tell me about it, we haven't had a DT with that kind of burst since glover.

Since Glover..... yeah, agree. That's what makes this so exciting. This is a PLEASURE to re-watch.

So next play, after #90 almost destroyed that last play.... They run away from Fairley, Edabali, Richardson, and Davison. They screen to the right, avoiding the D-LINE altogether. Could almost call it game planning, or reacting. Saints D-LINE dominates again on the play, even though they're outside the play. Saints D-LINE looks good again.

I repeat. I'm not worried about the defense anymore.

Since Glover..... yeah, agree. That's what makes this so exciting. This is a PLEASURE to re-watch.

So next play, after #90 almost destroyed that last play.... They run away from Fairley, Edabali, Richardson, and Davison. They screen to the right, avoiding the D-LINE altogether. Could almost call it game planning, or reacting. Saints D-LINE dominates again on the play, even though they're outside the play. Saints D-LINE looks good again.

I repeat. I'm not worried about the defense anymore.

I thought the second and third string played decent. Had a couple of lapses but they got the ball back a few times but the offense screwed that up.

ERIK HARRIS!

TruSaint didn't mention this guy but I gotta say I was impressed with his play last night. Looks like the scouts struck gold again in CFL. He was sticky on receivers, always seemed to be in the right position. Could have had an INT had he got his head around quicker on one route. He absolutely embarrassed one defender on the long Murphy return perfectly setting the sideline lane that sprung the big gainer. Harris will be a consistent contributor this season.

Re-watching 3rd quarter. That rookie WR out of Ball State (81) Jordan Williams-Lambert **STUCK IT** to the Pat's kick returner. That was impressive.

He's 6'3" 228 at WR - but he looked like a LB on that play.

That interception in the end zone was all Luck McCown.

I re-watched every play of that drive, focusing on O-LINE. And single every play of the drive, Lemon won (LG) and Turner won (RG). The entire 2nd string O-LINE was outstanding.

Re-watching 3rd quarter. That rookie WR out of Ball State (81) Jordan Williams-Lambert **STUCK IT** to the Pat's kick returner. That was impressive.

I wondered who made that hit. I'm sure the Patriots announcers were showing Scott Zolak holding up a sign that said ''Iron my shirt'' or something equally irrelevant at the time. Too busy to actually call the game.

He is the guy I was hoping he make an impact this training camp to challenge out Coleman. But you are the only person who mentioned his name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom