TruSaint's Take from Game 1: (1 Viewer)

Overall my impression of the entire team was "crisp".

Not many bone-headed plays, pre-snap penalties and the like. All three, first second and third teams, looked like they where there to play football. There was team-wide focus and attention to the game/awareness, which was lacking last year in preseason.

Cautiously optimistic indeed.

Last edited:
He is the guy I was hoping he make an impact this training camp to challenge out Coleman. But you are the only person who mentioned his name.

The thing is, we fans can and will miss things. We don't have all-22 camera angles where we can see the whole field and see who did what.

Coaches know who is playing well and who isn't. Plus...there's over two weeks before roster cuts

The thing is, we fans can and will miss things. We don't have all-22 camera angles where we can see the whole field and see who did what.

Coaches know who is playing well and who isn't. Plus...there's over two weeks before roster cuts

True, but I am going by all the tweets I read so far from reporters that is there. And none of them have mentioned his name. I heard the other undrafted receiver names a few time. But just yesterday I saw a tweet mentioning his name for the first time ever.

Regarding the battle for backup G, I think Turner has the edge over Lemon. The plays I've watched, Turner's been perfect. Lemon on the other hand gave up the play that caused McCown's fumble. Point for Turner.

Turner's been at RG (same as Senio). But I'd like to see him at LG before preseason is over. I know he played both sides in college (though mostly right).

What was your impression of Kelemete?

Kelemente and Lelieto are not NFL starting caliber guards. With a real DC and added talent, the biggest liability we have this year BY FAR, is our O-line. Maybe Loomis has yet to sign Brees to see if he can survive 2016 with our weak O-line

And Grayson? 2 TD's in the 1st half against the Pats primary #1 defense. Don't care how it looked. That's impressive.

Swimmer - I have to say I agree.

Both guards (and RT) are positions that worry me. The rest of the team is solid, poised for a return to greatness. But guards are -so- important. Just thinking of a Brees with broken bones keeps me up at night.

Recall that we were great when our guards dominated. We won it all.

I thought that John Kuhn looked ridiculous wearing 29. That guy needs a 30-49 # asap

I thought that John Kuhn looked ridiculous wearing 29. That guy needs a 30-49 # asap

...I keep feeling like I'm wrong in this. But anyone else kinda feel the same way?

Like, I know corners and safties can wear numbers 20-49, but I really wish they wouldn't wear anything above like 42.

It just feels weird seeing a defensive back #48 or #49.

Such huge numbers on guys like Crawley or Harris.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom