(Try not to laugh too much) What were the positives today? (1 Viewer)

Believe it or not, our run D was actually not that bad. Now 3rd down passing D......

Yep, our run defense was fantastic with the exception of the 3rd and 10 disaster (which was a phenomenal playcall. Even before the terrible effort leading to the TD it was blocked up perfectly for a 1st down)

Alot of these positives were listed already. Davis, Kamara, O-line did better, Harris, TQS, Run D.

I'll add that some of the problems are fixable:
- Penalties have to improve and can. I dont see Payton letting them kill drives and give up 100+ yards in penalties all season.
- Sanders can get in better sync.
- Brees' accuracy and decision making will get back to normal in all likelyhood. It took a step forward in this game imo.
- Thomas and Davenport will help when they return.
- We have enough players in the secondary to find what works.

Last edited:
AK looked as smooth as he has in about 12 months.
Deonte Harris can contribute on offense.
Malcolm Roach is playing with some fire, which apparently he did not always do at UT.
Trautman made his first NFL play.
*The reigning OPOY will be back in a few weeks.

edit: *

Last edited:
We played an aggressive, over-pursuing style to stop the run and rush the passer, and the Raiders countered that strategy perfectly with a dink and dunk pass heavy possession centered offense that Carr ran exceptionally well.

I think we focused on stopping the run, which we did for the most part, but the Raiders exploited that focus and our DBs struggled to beat the TEs in particular on one-on-one coverage. Result was they never got off the field and tired us out, which negated the pass rush.

In the end the penalties and time of possession killed us. Offense was moving the ball at will early on and then penalties (and a huge turnover) kept getting them off the field and the Raiders prevented them from getting back on it. If Gruden's horrible bet doesn't pay off, we probably STILL tie the game and send it to OT.

I'm not that worried about this loss. We will bounce back.

12 teams go to the post season. Only one team from each conference gets a bye. Rather get a bad game or two out earlier than late is the season.

Entire front 7 had a solid performance missing Jordan all pro play though

Kamara is back.
Yup. And that I have been very wrong about 100% of my anti-AK posts over past year. Deep down I was secretly hoping that I could eat crow about it. But this group of guys? Eh. DD is popping and 8-8 is a very real possibility.

Run Defense
6 yards per carry when running the ball!!
#11 played hard and deserves more time
Our defense has great conditioning. They seemed to be on the field the entire game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom