Trying to hold a parking spot by standing in it (1 Viewer)

Saving a parking spot with a person

• First-come, first-serve

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Not cool

Votes: 54 59.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters
So in order to form an opinion, I have to know this: where are these pedestrians without cars from?

Maybe they are meeting someone and took separate cars.

For all of the people saying that you can't do this, a)where is it written that this is not allowed? b)Do we really need to make a law either making this legal or not?

I wonder if the thinking on this would follow party lines?

So I posted this thread after it happened to me on Saturday morning in downtown Charleston. I was in the mini-van (aka the urban assault vehicle) with two kids and the wife. Parking was tough because there was an outdoor event going on at the square. I see a car pulling away from a street spot and so I pull over to take it . . . there was a fire zone just ahead of it so it was an easy grab, no parallel parking involved.

As soon as the car pulls out, this girl (college student) steps off of the sidewalk into the parking spot. She immediately gets on her phone so she doesn't have to stand there looking at us while we're like "no!". I pull up a little bit and she is on her phone. My wife leans out and says "Excuse us please, we need to park - thanks." The girl says "My friend is coming." My wife says "Well this is for cars and you're standing in the street, so you need to move. Come on - we have little kids in the car." The girl just looks away on her phone. And then the Mexican standoff ensues. The other car comes and gets in position to park so I decide to leave.

Upon further thought, I realize I could have won the confrontation. It was about 92 degrees at that point and the spot was in the sun. The girl was wearing jeans. What I should have done was pull up enough in the spot so that the other car couldn't have parked but not close enough to her that it was threatening. Then play the waiting game in the comfort of our air-conditioned vehicle.

I just assume park in the back. Get exercise.

In the back of what?

We're talking about street parking situations, not the Wally World parking lot. :hihi:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jtyrDZG-eDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it. I'm not gonna be a hack and stand in a parking space and I'm not gonna be a hack and try to force a person, standing in a spot, out. Walking a few extra feet is that big of a deal.

I don't get it. I'm not gonna be a hack and stand in a parking space and I'm not gonna be a hack and try to force a person, standing in a spot, out. Walking a few extra feet is that big of a deal.
So much this.

Takes two to get all possessive and worked up about a spot for a car or a distance to walk. If a friend asked me to stand in a spot for them, I'd reform them or get a better friend. If someone else was standing in a spot I'd shake my head and drive on.

You're presuming that it's a few extra feet. Sometimes parking in busy downtown locations isn't a matter of a few extra feet. It could mean many blocks, or driving around for 15 more minutes for a spot, or finding an expensive pay lot. Obviously if we're just talking about a few extra feet, it's a non-issue.

In the back of what?

We're talking about street parking situations, not the Wally World parking lot. :hihi:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jtyrDZG-eDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:hihi:

Okay it is illegal in most states because it is public property and you are putting yourself in danger.

Let us watch another filmstrip of this lady. I like her skirt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1lQAs8d9GjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take it from a LEO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JdXgpB5xhcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom