Trying to hold a parking spot by standing in it (1 Viewer)

Saving a parking spot with a person

• First-come, first-serve

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Not cool

Votes: 54 59.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters
The only time I would (and have) done it is for a delivery truck or equipment drop off/unload kind of thing. Not for regular parking stuff.

A parking spot isn't worth arguing about at all. It's not worth standing in and it's not worth arguing about with someone standing in one. Just find another, or let your friend find another. It's not much time out of your life.

That said, the way the OP was worded made me think of:

fish_wanda_revenge.jpg

In no circumstance should a car be trying to nudge a person standing in the parking spot out of the way.

The two parties involved could get into a standoff though. Person standing refuses to move, person in car pulls up to get into the spot and refuses to move. Now two hard headed people are stuck in a standoff. In reality though, the type of people who would stand in a spot to reserve it and the type of person who's going to try to get into that spot are likely to have the type of personalities that would ultimately result in a screaming/cursing match on a good day, or a physical altercation on any other day.

A parking spot isn't worth arguing about at all. It's not worth standing in and it's not worth arguing about with someone standing in one. Just find another, or let your friend find another. It's not much time out of your life.

That said, the way the OP was worded made me think of:

fish_wanda_revenge.jpg

"Oh no! It's K-K-K-Ken c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me!"

The 3 women in those video's are just asking to be a stain on that parking spot. The entitlement that some people have just baffles me.

I would say no unless it was a load unload situation and would hope the driver would understand and if possible hold the spot with the loading car hold spot as the person "made the block " even if it meant me waiting and even have the person standing to hold spot step out and wave the person in so they get it - unless the other driver was older etc. and then I would unload elsewhere - though it would have to be like a piano etc for me to even do that much

But in general terms I think it's in poor form but I wouldn't try and nudge person out of way or make a scene - best to let some folks just be that way and save yourself the aggravation

On the parade routes here people will leave a car in desired spot not sure that's the same thing

During Christmas years ago, I would go to Lakeside mall to shop last minute, actually it was the first Christmas shopping I did for that year. I would see a shopper come out, with bags in hand, into the parking and roll down my window and say I will give you a ride to your car and I will take the space. Worked like a charm for about four years..These days I wouldn't do this if you paid me.

I'd park somewhere else then go stand in the spot with them. Ok, I probably wouldn't but I'd think about it.

I'll say this. If I was about to turn into a parking spot and someone was standing there, I'm not moving my vehicle. I'm also calling the police if it is a public lot, or the owner/security of the private property. You can't "reserve" a parking spot by standing in it.

With all that said, I'm not going to run over anyone to get a spot either.

In no circumstance should a car be trying to nudge a person standing in the parking spot out of the way.

The two parties involved could get into a standoff though. Person standing refuses to move, person in car pulls up to get into the spot and refuses to move. Now two hard headed people are stuck in a standoff. In reality though, the type of people who would stand in a spot to reserve it and the type of person who's going to try to get into that spot are likely to have the type of personalities that would ultimately result in a screaming/cursing match on a good day, or a physical altercation on any other day.

Times like this are why I sometimes am hesitant to consider gun control.

I'll say this. If I was about to turn into a parking spot and someone was standing there, I'm not moving my vehicle. I'm also calling the police if it is a public lot, or the owner/security of the private property. You can't "reserve" a parking spot by standing in it.

With all that said, I'm not going to run over anyone to get a spot either.

That's a tremendous waste of resources

If another car were in the spot, you wouldn't be able to park there. The car got there before you. No big deal. How is it different if a person gets there before you? Car or not, they were still there before you.

So in order to form an opinion, I have to know this: where are these pedestrians without cars from?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom