Tucson - what's the skinny? (1 Viewer)

Fwiw, if I find a better opportunity, I'm gonna jump at it in a heartbeat. I'm not at all tied to the hip in my current position, but it's gonna take a big bump in pay to move me though.

I did hear the corp had layoffs. Not sure if this area did too. Covid.

That would actually be the one way i *might* understand them ghosting you- maybe the person (s) you interviewed with were let go as part of the layoffs, and the last thing on their mind was reaching out to interviewees when they themselves are now out on the street.

If they don't contact you to goto Arizona, then consider yourself lucky.

Las Vegas would be my pick in the desert, it's the new California.

That would actually be the one way i *might* understand them ghosting you- maybe the person (s) you interviewed with were let go as part of the layoffs, and the last thing on their mind was reaching out to interviewees when they themselves are now out on the street.
I e-mailed two different people. I'd be amazed if both were let go.

Even if there was a freeze, just reply or reach out updating me what the status is. If I'm like second place, and they're still negotiating with first, ok.. but man, that should have been weeks ago.

Let it go and apply for different jobs, that's what I would do. If the shoe doesn't fit, try on different shoes, or different sizes.

I e-mailed two different people. I'd be amazed if both were let go.

Even if there was a freeze, just reply or reach out updating me what the status is. If I'm like second place, and they're still negotiating with first, ok.. but man, that should have been weeks ago.

If it's been a bit since the last time you reached out, maybe take one last swing at it then move on. Can't hurt to try.

When I search the rec number, nothing pops up now.

When I log in, still shows as "interviewed". No other update.

I may have an opportunity in Tucson, AZ. Not sure yet, and not sure if it will be worth it.

However, I'd like to know a bit about the city, good spots, bad spots, fun spots.

Anyone got any first hand info?
You won't miss the humidity or the daily thunderstorms. You have Mount Lemmon right there in town and beaches in Mexico are about 3 hours away, San Diego is about 6 hours away. 360 days of sunshine are nothing to sneeze at. either. Plus, it's a college town if you enjoy that kind of vibe.

It must be your dream job?!?!

I remember I had interview at a port and it was probably the most ideal job ever for me. Pay, benefits, and work environment. Didn't get it, but better opportunities came along.

My current job, I seriously had to wait like 3 months, before all the background checks went through, but it was worth the wait...

I hope for the best for you!

1606843737715.png

Update.. they removed the rec. meaning, the job no longer exists. So, that's good, I guess. I'm pretty sure I was their guy, but the lay offs took it away.

Update.. they removed the rec. meaning, the job no longer exists. So, that's good, I guess. I'm pretty sure I was their guy, but the lay offs took it away.
Better to not get hired than to get hired, leave your job, move, and get laid off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom