Tulane QB and Boston College WR (1 Viewer)

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Heard on the Sports Hangover that the Saints worked out Tulane QB Ryan Griffin today. Also, and bit mor mysteriously, he was throwing passes to an unnamed WR from Boston College who ran a 4.38 40 today. Griffin called him "a freak of nature". It looks like it's Colin Larmond, but I don't know for certain.

Interesting...

Scouts were drooling over Griffin at the Manning passing academy last year. Apparently has a NFL arm.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2012/07/green_waves_season_still_may_d.html

Daniel Jeremiah is a seasoned observer of football talent. Jeremiah, a former NFL scout and current NFL network analyst, perused this year’s crop at the Manning Passing Academy and found himself nudging folks next to him in Thibodaux.
“Who is that guy that just threw the ball?”
Jeremiah expected the well-known quarterbacks in the nation to compel his attention. However, once he found a name for the Tulane quarterback, Jeremiah added a lesser-known prospect from an unheralded program to his mental notebook.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2013/02/former_tulane_quarterback_ryan_1.html

11308947-large.jpg

Tulane quarterback Ryan Griffin performs under watchful eyes of the Manning's at the Manning Passing Academy

I think it's pretty much an automatic that we get Griffin unless he gets drafted somewhere else. We probably draft him in the 6th or lock him down in UDFA.

He has plenty of good traits, played behind an awful o-line, just needs development.

Ifeanyi Momah is another possibility for who he was throwing to. He is like 6'7", and isn't draft eligible, but can be signed as a priority free agent. Had injury problems. Sounds like just the type the front office makes their money off of.

Well there are only 3 possibilities:
Football Hosts NFL Pro Day - BCEAGLES.COM - Boston College Official Athletic Site

WR - Donte Elliott
WR - Colin Larmond Jr
WR - Ifeanyi Momah

Elliott is listed as 6'0", and Momah 6'6". They dont have a page for Larmond. Either way whoever ran that fast deserves a look, even just as a UDFA or 6th round pick!

Larmond was suspended this year for violating team rules. But he is a specimen in his own right. I think nfldraftscout had a page on him.

Larmond was suspended this year for violating team rules. But he is a specimen in his own right. I think nfldraftscout had a page on him.

It's Larmond that runs about a 4.4, and he's 6'2", so he would be a good sized target.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom