Turk McBride to Bears - One Year Deal (1 Viewer)

I'm certain losing Turk McBride wont net us a comp pick.
I don't pretend to know how exactly comp picks are awarded. Turk wasn't a particularly productive player for us, so in thinking of it that way, you wouldn't think we'd get anything in return. But it just seems like the more fa we let walk without replacing them with fa, the better chance we have of getting a little something later. At least that's the way I think about it, ignorant though it may be.

per ProFootballTalk.

That's another of our FA's lost, so more hope for a 2014 compensatory pick.

At this point I would be surprised to get any picks. Lost and gained one good signed contract. These smaller deals will be a wash

At this point I would be surprised to get any picks. Lost and gained one good signed contract. These smaller deals will be a wash

That's not how it works. I explained it on the other page.

It starts out as a simple idea.

We've lost 4 of our FA's. We've gained two FA's that were not our own.

So, we're down two. Doesn't matter if they were stars or scrubs.

That means we'd get two compensatory picks.

Now, Bushrod and Keenan's contracts almost cancel each other out. Turk and Watson's contract are probably close.. so now for value they'd look at Chase Daniel and Casillas. It's about how much they played, how well they did, their contract cost.. so, we're probably looking at 6th or 7th round picks at this point.

Now, of course, we'll sign someone else, which will lower it to one pick. then probably none after a few weeks.

I don't think Turk had the talent to get even three sacks.

He had 5 in Detroit when we signed him. He appeared to be a player on the verge of moving up. He got here and picked up two sacks in limited playing time in the first month of the season. That's when the injuries began. Even the most gifted of athletes can have their careers derailed by injury. I had high hopes for him.

I don't say this often about a Saints player, but it's good he's gone. Dude was on the bench more than he played.

Who is Turk McBride? Did that guy actually play for us? hm-mph I never noticed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom