Turk McBride to Bears - One Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
per ProFootballTalk.

That's another of our FA's lost, so more hope for a 2014 compensatory pick.

meh_cat.jpg

He could never stay healthy here. Good luck to him, except when the Saints play them.

I think that some of these teams will overpay for a guy and ML has a set cap on each player's worth that he's intent on abiding by. That's surely what happened here right? They put up a dollar amount that we felt was excessive and he chose to take the money. For his sake I hope it's sizable. Moving and readjusting your life has economic and personal costs. I could be wrong. Maybe they told him he'd have a more prominent role.
I think we gave him those opportunities but--as pointed out-- he's not been able to stay healthy. When he first arrived he came out with several sacks over the first few games and then began the injury/rehab/re-injure carousel.

I don't know if he's someone that Ryan thinks fits his scheme or not. It could be just that. At any rate, I like it when we don't overpay.

Non Beast

I'm certain losing Turk McBride wont net us a comp pick.

No, but now that we've lost 4 and only added two, we're down two, which means at the moment, we'd get 2 comp picks.

Now, the value may be low, that's determined by complicated things, and value of the contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom