Turley drops F-bomb on Robert Smith on live radio (1 Viewer)

okay......he cussed.........but what about his CONTENT? Did the dude have a point or not?

What kids are listening to that show?

okay......he cussed.........but what about his CONTENT? Did the dude have a point or not?

What kids are listening to that show?

I'm no expert on the situation, but I side with Robert Smith. Turley is very passionate about the issue, but I think he's expecting that the NFL owes all former players who got "hurt" a decent living for the rest of their life. He misunderstands what "disability" actually is. "Disability" doesn't just mean you have injuries that prevent you from playing football. It means you can't work, period.

Robert Smith has a much more balanced view in that the players (especially in the modern era) need to take more responsibility for their own financial planning and future career path. Yes, there are some former players who are disabled from working (not just playing football) who aren't getting a fair shake, but this doesn't encompass all former players who ever suffered a career-ending injury.

I'm no expert on the situation, but I side with Robert Smith. Turley is very passionate about the issue, but I think he's expecting that the NFL owes all former players who got "hurt" a decent living for the rest of their life. He misunderstands what "disability" actually is. "Disability" doesn't just mean you have injuries that prevent you from playing football. It means you can't work, period.

Robert Smith has a much more balanced view in that the players (especially in the modern era) need to take more responsibility for their own financial planning and future career path. Yes, there are some former players who are disabled from working (not just playing football) who aren't getting a fair shake, but this doesn't encompass all former players who ever suffered a career-ending injury.

The point Turley is making is the same one most of us are trying to avoid. The fact is the problem affects more people than we publicly hear about and the NFL doesn't want to deal with it. Robert Smith needs to understand that there would be no "modern players" without those now suffering while these "modern players" get paid more for one game than many of them made for a season....or a career. Robert Smith, I echo Kyle Turley's sentiments.

So get it from the current players who are so well paid... oh, that's right, they need that 60% share of total NFL revenues to "feed their families".

It's not just "greedy owners", it's "greedy players" who are unwilling to take care of the players who came before them -if they even bother to learn who the heck they are.

The point Turley is making is the same one most of us are trying to avoid. The fact is the problem affects more people than we publicly hear about and the NFL doesn't want to deal with it. Robert Smith needs to understand that there would be no "modern players" without those now suffering while these "modern players" get paid more for one game than many of them made for a season....or a career. Robert Smith, I echo Kyle Turley's sentiments.

No, I understand what you're saying and even mentioned in my post that there are older, former players who aren't getting a fair shake and have legitimate gripes (I have no idea how many). And that is a problem that needs to be addressed.

I just think it's a little off-base for Turley to include himself and his back-injury with those other players. The fact that the man is currently playing in the NFL as the starting RT for the K.C. Chiefs just goes to show that not everyone who files for "disability" truly deserves it. I think he does make some good points, but painting Robert Smith and the player's union as the 'enemy' is silly. But like I said, I'm no expert on the situation, and could be wrong. It's just my opinion.

"'79 Saints;1050431.So get it from the current players who are so well paid... oh, that's right, they need that 60% share of total NFL revenues to "feed their families".

It's not just "greedy owners", it's "greedy players" who are unwilling to take care of the players who came before them -if they even bother to learn who the heck they are.":9: :9: :9:

.......Couldn't agree more!Coach Byron Scott was right..."these guys don't know pressure,try raising 3 kids on 30-40k a year."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom