Turley drops F-bomb on Robert Smith on live radio (1 Viewer)

..........have absolutely no problem with what Turley said....some people dont like cursing....I believe (sometimes) a curse word is appropriate...specially when your adament about something...a curse word can slip out from time to time...not everybody is that way though.

Hahahahahahaha. I like the reaction from the host. "Whoooa. Not sure what to do there but um..."

I'd rather my kid grow up watching news where the anchors drop a few f-bombs here or there instead of seeing all of the violence and shock media that's currently on tv. frankly, i think we have our whole "censorship" backwards. naked women are not suitable for people under the age of 17, yet it's perfectly ok to have video games where your objective is to kill people? I'll take a newscast where the weatherman says "Man it's a ******* gorgeous day out" and it's not followed up by video of people getting murdered for the next 5 minutes.

The best part is at the end:

Le Batard: "Guys, thanks for being on with us. It's a complicated issue that can't be tackled in a half hour. Thanks to Kyle Turley. Thanks to Robert Smith. I could keep talking about this all day, but we're out of time...we talk...movies...next"

I'd rather my kid grow up watching news where the anchors drop a few f-bombs here or there instead of seeing all of the violence and shock media that's currently on tv. frankly, i think we have our whole "censorship" backwards. naked women are not suitable for people under the age of 17, yet it's perfectly ok to have video games where your objective is to kill people? I'll take a newscast where the weatherman says "Man it's a ******* gorgeous day out" and it's not followed up by video of people getting murdered for the next 5 minutes.

It's not censorship, but rather a coursening of the culture... and neither is particularly good for society.

A better idea is to turn off the television when the news comes on. Most of it is sensationalized trash anyway. I'm not advocating ignorance, but it is better to read the news to stay informed than to watch it.

It's not censorship, but rather a coursening of the culture... and neither is particularly good for society.

A better idea is to turn off the television when the news comes on. Most of it is sensationalized trash anyway. I'm not advocating ignorance, but it is better to read the news to stay informed than to watch it.

Only the television has sensationalized reporting?

I would imagine that you could make that statement for most news sources, regardless of the outlet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom