Turley@Jets video (1 Viewer)

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Reaction score
Does anybody have the video of Turley ripping off the helmet at the Jets? I was telling somebody about it and can't find it on Youtube anymore.

man i loved that
sucks that its the reason we lost the game, but you gotta love kyle for that!

Well, technically, it was a home game, but yeah.

man i loved that
sucks that its the reason we lost the game, but you gotta love kyle for that!

We were behind by more than a FG, and in no way were we guaranteed to punch it in. The Jets were pretty good that year. Saints legend pins that loss on Turley's helmet play. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree.

Mikeee

Wish I could find the "Bodies" song that 106.7 played after the deheading, since we are looking for stuff.

Yeah its drowning pool but there was a different version where they had Jim Henderson miced over parts of the song when he made the Turley deheading call. It was only played on 106.7 (when it was a good station) here in NOLA.

Dude, that's Drowning Pool, off the album "Sinner." They were a good up and coming new metal band until the singer OD'd. They replaced him, but the new singer (IMHO) isn't as good as the other one.

Actually he didn't od it was determined he had a bad heart and died on the plane of natural causes. I think it was during the or right after the Ozzfest. I like both singers. But I do agree that Dave Williams was the better vocalist. Jason Jones quit and Ryan Mccombs is the new lead vocalists. Anyway yeah Haslett handled the Turley deal in the wrong manner by saying he wanted to cut him and made Turley go to anger managemernt. Turley was never the same since that game at least as a Saints player. Haslett really was a horrible coach.

We were behind by more than a FG, and in no way were we guaranteed to punch it in. The Jets were pretty good that year. Saints legend pins that loss on Turley's helmet play. I completely and wholeheartedly disagree.

Mikeee

We weren't guaranteed to punch it in, but the 15 yards and automatic first down Turley denied us by offsetting what'shisface's facemasking penalty on AB would have bettered the odds.

I wouldn't pin the whole loss on KT, but his hotheadedness and lack of discipline erupted at the worst possible time in that game.

On the other hand, the helmet toss was still pretty cool. :0056:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom