Turn your head: Saints cornerback explain when to turn and not to turn (1 Viewer)

Another thing is opposing QBs seem very comfortable throwing at a Saints defender when his back is turned.

I think changing the way they defend against the pass will cause the opposing QB to be more hesitant to throw at a defender's back, if they are worried he might turn around and make a play.

That means more time the QB holds on the the ball in the pocket.

Another thing is opposing QBs seem very comfortable throwing at a Saints defender when his back is turned.

I think changing the way they defend against the pass will cause the opposing QB to be more hesitant to throw at a defender's back, if they are worried he might turn around and make a play.

That means more time the QB holds on the the ball in the pocket.

That doesn't happen and is only reserved for elite CB's that are known for making you pay. Most QB's will throw the ball and trust that even if the DB gets his head turned around at worst its just an incomplete pass.

QB's only fear/hesitate to throw at the guys who actually catch the ball. Marcus Peters, Richard Sherman, Revis in his prime just to name a few. Those guys locate it as well as catch it!

OAN.. Dare I say that MT is a young receiver that disguises his hands nicely. The 1 handed diving catch he made on Crawley was a good example. Crawley was step for step and saw Thomas look up and also looked up to play the ball. Unfortunately for him that head turn allowed MT to create separation and go and get the ball which was clearly further in flight than Crawley actually realized. Take a peak below. Its a good visual for what you are assuming should happen every time and why it can be a bad decision too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcUEYCop6aw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom