Tuscaloosa demon father (hot car death) - allegedly (GUILTY VERDICT) (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this was a side discussion in the 'kid makes gadget to remind you not to leave your kid in the car' thread

if charges stick, this should be up there with the Susan Smiths of the world

Among the most shocking allegations: Justin Ross Harris messaged six women, sending and receiving explicit texts -- some including nude images -- from work while his 22-month-old was dying, a detective testified at the hearing.

Police say Harris, 33, left his toddler, Cooper, strapped into a car seat under a baking sun for seven hours while he went to work June 18. Records show that the mercury topped 92 that day, and police say the temperature was 88 degrees when the boy was pronounced dead in a parking lot not far from his father's workplace.
"For him to enter the car ... when the child had been dead and rigor mortis had set in, and the testimony is the stench in the car was overwhelming at that point in time, that he -- in spite of that -- got in the car and drove it for some distance before he took any action to check on the welfare of his child, I find there is probable cause for the two charges contained in the warrant," Cox told a packed courtroom.

Before his son's death, Harris had visited a Reddit page called "child-free" and read four articles, Stoddard said. He also allegedly searched how to survive in prison.

Ross Harris "stated that he recently researched, through the Internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur," police have said, adding that Harris told investigators "he was fearful that this could happen."
During questioning, Leanna Harris "made similar statements regarding researching in car deaths and how it occurs," according to police.

Police: Dad was 'sexting' as son was dying in hot car - CNN.com

Where's all the people that were supporting him now.....? :idunno:

Seems like his wife may have been in on it too.

Where did you get Tuscaloosa? This happened in a suburb of Atlanta.

Where's all the people that were supporting him now.....? :idunno:

Are you talking about on this board? I don't think anyone was supporting him, just pointing out that there have been instances where good parents made a very tragic mistake, and not everyone who has had this unthinkable misfortune happen to them is a murderer or derelict guardian.

A friend of my family lost their grandson when a daycare worker forgot their child in a large van. It was devastating. It also was an accident that ruined the employee's life and bankrupted the company. But there was no malicious intent on anybody's part. It was just a really sad and costly mistake.

Having said all of that, if this guy is proven to have done this intentionally, which the news account certainly paints his actions as, he deserves the chair.

Are you talking about on this board? I don't think anyone was supporting him, just pointing out that there have been instances where good parents made a very tragic mistake, and not everyone who has had this unthinkable misfortune happen to them is a murderer or derelict guardian.

A friend of my family lost their grandson when a daycare worker forgot their child in a large van. It was devastating. It also was an accident that ruined the employee's life and bankrupted the company. But there was no malicious intent on anybody's part. It was just a really sad and costly mistake.

Having said all of that, if this guy is proven to have done this intentionally, which the news account certainly paints his actions as, he deserves the chair.

Yeah, one of the reasons to start a new thread
didn't want more of a chance to see "well, bc this guy is an evil tool (allegedly), then all people who make tragic mistakes with kids must be"

No, I was talking about all the people in Georgia that signed petitions and protested for him... I bet they feel stupid now...

I was the same way and understand good parents make tragic mistakes, but I wanted to know what the police had on him before I made any judgments.... Now the truth is out... dude is a scumbag... Having two 5 year olds, this story makes me completely sick...

I hope he gets one of those injections that doesn't work so good .

If he's convicted of murder, part of me hopes he doesn't get the death penalty. He would be isolated and protected 24/7 on death row. Put that pillsbury doughboy in general population. Most inmates despise child murderers and nature will take it's course.

No, I was talking about all the people in Georgia that signed petitions and protested for him... I bet they feel stupid now...

I was the same way and understand good parents make tragic mistakes, but I wanted to know what the police had on him before I made any judgments.... Now the truth is out... dude is a scumbag... Having two 5 year olds, this story makes me completely sick...

Gotcha. Yeah, it isn't the brightest action to jump to the defense of someone before you have some facts to validate your decision.

No one else is amazed that tub of goo got 6 women to sext with him? Bet they were porkers.

I have a great idea of something to help you not forget your kid in the car.

Its called... your kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom