TV ratings dipped substantially for Championship Weekend. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

About a 7% dip this year from the Saints/Rams game in the same time slot. Glad to see the terrible product they put out is finally coming back to bite them. I certainly did my part to lower those ratings this year.

Maybe they'll actually decide to toss some calls our way in the future when they remember we're good for ratings.

That's on the average. But the Peaks were higher than the previous year average, if you read the article.

I think it's because when KC started to pull away, people dropped off, SF was a similar story and likely happened earlier.

The AFC Championship game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans averaged 41.1 million viewers on Sunday, coming in 7% below the 44.4 million viewers Fox averaged for the early game last year between the New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams. The Chiefs-Titans matchup peaked with 46.76 million viewers and was the highest-rated TV program on any network since Super Bowl LIII last February, per CBS.

See.

The message is clear, The NFL still has an officiating problem on their hands

No one outside of us REALLY cares about us. We know we got screwed, every one knows it but people have a tendency to be dispassionate when something doesn't directly affect them. We are just going to have to swallow this bitter @$$ pill, get better enough to outplay questionable officiating.

About a 7% dip this year from the Saints/Rams game in the same time slot. Glad to see the terrible product they put out is finally coming back to bite them. I certainly did my part to lower those ratings this year.

Maybe they'll actually decide to toss some calls our way in the future when they remember we're good for ratings.

The Saints are a ratings draw, this much is clear.

I didn't watch either game
I watched about 2.5 quarters of the Chiefs/Titans game because I like the Chiefs and have a lot friends that are Chiefs fans. I haven't watched any other playoff games since our game. Not because I'm trying to make some stand, it's disinterest. Never, ever thought I'd feel that way about professional football.

I watched about 2.5 quarters of the Chiefs/Titans game because I like the Chiefs and have a lot friends that are Chiefs fans. I haven't watched any other playoff games since our game. Not because I'm trying to make some stand, it's disinterest. Never, ever thought I'd feel that way about professional football.
This is how it starts. I felt exactly that way about the NBA. I can't finish an NBA game outside of the finals now. The quick and non existent fouls has taken the defense out of basketball. The other thing IMO that is killing them is everyone wants to play in Los Angeles. Things will be business as usual for the NFL until the dollars start talking then change will happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom