TV screens at Dallas stadium contributed to loss? (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At some NFL stadiums where the Jumbo-Trons typically are positioned behind the end zones, such as the Superdome, Williams might have been able to see his pursuers on the screen.
But at Cowboys Stadium, the mammoth screens are above the field facing the stands in four directions and Williams' lost sight of Jenkins.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/sp...ins-strip-saves-day-for-saints-in-dallas.html

Congrats, Jerry. You've got the biggest Jumbo-Trons in the world.

And a national tv loss to go with them.

A lesson in not letting your ego get in the way of your goals. Okay--bad pun.

I can almost imagine what the comments on this forum would have been if it was clear on the replay that Williams looked up at an end zone placed big screen then rolled onto the ground inside the 10 yard line to preserve the Cowboys victory. Why there would be outrage that real time video was being played on the big screen in order to give the runner that advantage!!!

Frankly, I see no reason that live video of the game needs to be running in ANY NFL stadium during an active play. I thought that people go to football games in person to watch the action live on the field, NOT to view the same image they could see from their recliner at home.

IMHO those screens should show replays, not real time live TV broadcasts.

:scratch:

At some NFL stadiums where the Jumbo-Trons typically are positioned behind the end zones, such as the Superdome, Williams might have been able to see his pursuers on the screen.
But at Cowboys Stadium, the mammoth screens are above the field facing the stands in four directions and Williams' lost sight of Jenkins.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/sp...ins-strip-saves-day-for-saints-in-dallas.html

Congrats, Jerry. You've got the biggest Jumbo-Trons in the world.

And a national tv loss to go with them.

FYI, they are officially calling it a Dumbo-Tron now.

I can almost imagine what the comments on this forum would have been if it was clear on the replay that Williams looked up at an end zone placed big screen then rolled onto the ground inside the 10 yard line to preserve the Cowboys victory. Why there would be outrage that real time video was being played on the big screen in order to give the runner that advantage!!!

Frankly, I see no reason that live video of the game needs to be running in ANY NFL stadium during an active play. I thought that people go to football games in person to watch the action live on the field, NOT to view the same image they could see from their recliner at home.

When you have cage dancers in front of people, how else can they see the game! Haha

irony-kkk.jpg

When you have cage dancers in front of people, how else can they see the game! Haha

There must be some sort of upscale gentlemans club in the neighborhood that also has a sports big screen set up behind the pole.

I don't think he would have seen Jenkins anyway, until the last moment.

Those watching at home certainly saw Jenkins quickly closing in on him from the sideline camera angle being used at the time. I would assume that Williams would have seen the same thing.

Those watching at home certainly saw Jenkins quickly closing in on him from the sideline camera angle being used at the time. I would assume that Williams would have seen the same thing.

Not me. I was too busy beating my head against the wall after I saw Williams get the 1st down and run downfield :no:

I see your point and in a perfect world you'd be right.

However, all people are not the same size, shape, and age. When I was 8 and going to games, I had to watch the jumbotron a bunch because there were tall people in front who (like good fans) always stood and made tons of noise. My grandparents had to do the same... and I'm quite sure that someone my wife's size couldn't see over a 6'6 guy.

There is a good reason to have it - but i do think it should be positioned so as to not give an advantage to either offense or defense.

The No Fun League will probably attack (ban) the live play on the screens behind the goal posts at some point.

Lance Moore did use the live TV in the Superdome. Many times, when he was running after catch, he looked up and checked if any defenders were chasing him.

Smart players do use those screens a lot but this Roy Williams we are talking about.

Am I the only one impressed with Malcolm Jenkins' speed on that play?

Coming into the draft, that was the no. 1 knock against him. But on that play he seemed to have enough speed to catch a fast enough receiver that had a head start on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom