TV Shows you've given up on (1 Viewer)

I gave up on the Walking Dead I think after season 4. No real good reason, just lost my interest.
I gave up on Breaking Bad after 2 seasons. I still enjoyed an occasional episode, but everytime his wife came on screen I wanted to lick a rock in chernobyl while carving my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

I never could get into Seinfeld. Gave up on that really quickly.

Then there are some I gave up on that I regret, and have marked down to go rewatch. Stopped The Americans halfway through Season 3, I intend to go back to that.

Shameless - loved the first couple seasons, but got too much of the same over and over - oh, one or more of the gallaghers made a poor decision...

That was it for me too. I should stopped after the scene when Negan killed Glenn like I said at the time.

Where I went wrong with TWD was waiting till like 2014 to actually start watching.

As such, some of these "beloved" characters like Glenn who met their demise really didn't mean **** to me, long term.

Glenn's death was brutal....but Abraham died the same night and in the same manner, and the show generally moved on from him.

But because Maggie is still a thing and is part of that spin-off with Negan, we get the constant GLENN GLENN GLENN GLENN GLENN GLENN reminders......and even his own kid doesn't seem to care (with good reason...he wasn't even born yet when that happened).

Then there are some I gave up on that I regret, and have marked down to go rewatch. Stopped The Americans halfway through Season 3, I intend to go back to that.
You absolutely should

It’s on my list of best shows I’ve ever seen and the series finale was incredible

Last edited:
I gave up on the Walking Dead I think after season 4. No real good reason, just lost my interest.
I gave up on Breaking Bad after 2 seasons. I still enjoyed an occasional episode, but everytime his wife came on screen I wanted to lick a rock in chernobyl while carving my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

I never could get into Seinfeld. Gave up on that really quickly.

I only lasted a half dozen eps of TWD, The Last of Us was just way better I thought. Same as you with Breaking Bad.

I did the same thing with the Americans... and I'm pretty happy I went back and re-watched the last couple of eps before knocking off the last few seasons. Really good stuff. I did the same with Homeland. Great first season, really good second and then a draggy third. I was nudged into season 4 and it really was great for the last 4-5 seasons.

I have The Americans and Homeland in the watchlist. Takes much longer to get around to things I know I’ll have to pay attention to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom