TV Shows you've given up on (1 Viewer)

Desperate Housewives. The first season was great. Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman. Season 2 was good but starting to become absurd, by season 3 I was totally out.

Only show I can think of that you all haven't named yet.

I’m actually in a rewatch atm and just finished s5 - I really enjoy it mostly for the time ****ery and the character subversion (more so Sawyer than Locke)
I remember when I was watching s6 during its run, I was working hard to justify the choices/direction of the show - I consider the finale one of the great disappointments in TV
I’m interested to see if my opinion changes during the rewatch

did you finish season 6?

nip tuck was mentioned, great first couple years then it got too out there and I got out

Blackish - really enjoyed it at first but had a tone issue, it’s hard to nail the silly serious sitcom (think scrubs was the best at it)

but even the humor varied too much

It seemed like two different shows even in the same episode sometimes and I thought the Carmichael show handled the serious commentary and issues better with more realistic humor

did you finish season 6?

nip tuck was mentioned, great first couple years then it got too out there and I got out

Blackish - really enjoyed it at first but had a tone issue, it’s hard to nail the silly serious sitcom (think scrubs was the best at it)

but even the humor varied too much

It seemed like two different shows even in the same episode sometimes and I thought the Carmichael show handled the serious commentary and issues better with more realistic humor
About midway through s6
not as good as I remember
plots of “oh, cool” moments in the flash sideway, the the Temple stuff:confused:

I didn't finish the last full season of Last Kingdom. Jumped the shark for me.

However I finally started watching Dexter. I know it is supposed to take a nose dive after season ___. I'm just not sure which season I should stop watching after. Please advise which season I should stop at. Please and thank you.

However I finally started watching Dexter. I know it is supposed to take a nose dive after season ___. I'm just not sure which season I should stop watching after. Please advise which season I should stop at. Please and thank you.
I quit during the John Lithgow season, when I noticed it was rinse and repeat with a new character each season.

Castle. I lost interest somewhere around season 6 or 7.

They're bringing Dexter back for a 9th season so I'd say power through. I'm considering watching it eventually. Just finished the 5th episode in season 2 of Castle Rock. I predicted the twist in that episode but not until I was watching it. I need to figure out the next show I want to watch.

House MD

Great at first but two things happened

1. got too soapy

2. This is a show that is best watched week to week and not binged because each episode seemed to follow a set formula (even before it got soapy)
A patient has a perplexing medical mystery, House sees a different patient in the clinic with a common mundane ailment that somehow offers the clue that allows him to solve the perplexing medical mystery. Wash, rinse, repeat

House MD

Great at first but two things happened

1. got too soapy

2. This is a show that is best watched week to week and not binged because each episode seemed to follow a set formula (even before it got soapy)
A patient has a perplexing medical mystery, House sees a different patient in the clinic with a common mundane ailment that somehow offers the clue that allows him to solve the perplexing medical mystery. Wash, rinse, repeat
That's somewhat similar to Lucifer. Lucifer is always going through some issue that somehow mirrors whatever case they're working on. Even the dialogue from the people involved somehow correlates with his issue.

Stopped after the first season of Heroes because everyone said it was the only one worth watching

finally started watching Blacklist again from my DVR

after a nice long Liz hiatus, she’s back and I’m close to checking out

After each episode I go to IMDb to read the episode reviews (which I almost never do for any show)

I’m not the only one, Liz is hated

Stopped after the first season of Heroes because everyone said it was the only one worth watching

finally started watching Blacklist again from my DVR

after a nice long Liz hiatus, she’s back and I’m close to checking out

After each episode I go to IMDb to read the episode reviews (which I almost never do for any show)

I’m not the only one, Liz is hated
I enjoyed Blacklist. But some of it gets absurd at times. But overall, it's a pretty great show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom