Two biggest concerns (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1. Did Falcons expose the right side of DL against the run. Davenport and Hendrickson were not very good.
2. Did Falcons expose our passing game by dropping lots of guys into short zones. Drew looked reluctant to drill a ball into windows today. Perhaps the thumb limits his grip enough to make it tough to drill the ball.

1. Did Falcons expose the right side of DL against the run. Davenport and Hendrickson were not very good.
2. Did Falcons expose our passing game by dropping lots of guys into short zones. Drew looked reluctant to drill a ball into windows today. Perhaps the thumb limits his grip enough to make it tough to drill the ball.

Be careful saying anything critical of MD’s play.

Davenport has an elbow brace. His main move is the bull rush. May have hindered him.

Offense left the defense out too long. Lattimore getting hurt was bad. They picked up our blitzes pretty good and Ryan got the ball out. They just looked bad.

As bad as I hate to, I have to give ATL credit for a great game plan. I’m sure other teams will be looking to see if they can incorporate some of their strategies in this game to use on us. Hopefully we learn and grow from this embarrassment.

If you go back and look at all the saints losses like today where the offense and Brees can get it going there is a similarity to all of them. Bring pressure up the middle to not allow brees to step up in the pocket and flood coverage on the short routes.

There is a very low probability Brees is going to throw the ball beyond 20 yards and and very high probability Brees will throw the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. If you flood that zone you can add more pressure on Brees to find a receiver and you also cans stop the yards after catch by attacking the ball as soon as a receiver makes the catch. The added rush pressure is a result of knowing your not going to get beat deep.

With that said the Oline today was not good. They could not pick up the stunts and can't count how many times RG and RT were not blocking anyone while the stunt went right by the RG up the middle. How many times were the Oline looking up field with no one to block while Brees was behind them get sacked from behind?

Only thing I can say is that next Sunday in Tampa just became a real big game.
They better come out and play like the season is on the line or we have big problems.

Saints DEs tend to always take inside rushes and don’t set the edge. Been that way for the last few years. On Ryan’s 4th down run, Davenport took a hard inside rush and got trapped by the OL. The LB was inside and just wasn’t fast enough to prevent the 1st down. That was a pivotal play as it was around mid field.

Up until yesterday the DL has overall been playing lights out. Yesterday was a pathetic performance by everyone along the DL, but IMO it was just a reflection of how the entire team with only a couple or three exceptions played yesterday. The team was clearly not prepared, the game plan by Coach Payton was head scratching to say the least, and the OL was particularly bad, even before Peat came out with his injury.

I am looking forward to seeing what team comes out of the tunnel next week against a challenging foe in Tampa Bay!

Only thing I can say is that next Sunday in Tampa just became a real big game.
They better come out and play like the season is on the line or we have big problems.

Agreed...
Without Lattimore though, the Saints could end up in a shootout, and this year’s offense just isn’t explosive enough to play that type of game (especially if CGM doesn’t play).

Davenport has an elbow brace. His main move is the bull rush. May have hindered him.

Offense left the defense out too long. Lattimore getting hurt was bad. They picked up our blitzes pretty good and Ryan got the ball out. They just looked bad.
No... Those penalties got the defense out there too long

Simple answer, the Falcons came to play and the Saints didn’t. Time to move along, nothing to see here.

If im not mistaken Brees used to get the ball out of his hands within like 2.3 seconds. I watched a play where I counted like 5/1000 and the O line held up but no one was open but hr had a lane to run. I'm like Brees if you cant get the ball out within 5 to 6 seconds you might to run and get a few yards. I know Brees aint the fastest but dam tuck the ball and get a few yards instead of waiting on a sack. Just my opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom