Two L.A. Groups Show Interest in Vikings (1 Viewer)

Seems to me they could take the Rams out of the west and put them in the North pretty easily.

The Rams/9ers rivalry would be severed at that point. Not good for football imo.

Also - having a team in the second biggest TV market means a lot of people not watching TV when the game gets blacked out...

The Rams/9ers rivalry would be severed at that point. Not good for football imo.

Also - having a team in the second biggest TV market means a lot of people not watching TV when the game gets blacked out...

True on the first point, but the new team would be an instant rival due to its proximity and the natural rivalry that already exists between Frisco and LA.

True on the second point as well; however, the NFL never did anything about the fact the Raiduhs couldn't sell out the colliseum most of the time while they were in LA. I find it odd that the NFL seems intent on getting a team in LA largely because they are salivating over the TV market , yet the truth is that none of the teams who have been there in the past (Chargers, Rams, Raiduhs) had consistent good fortune at selling tickets. Seems like they'd continue to get a better market share without a team in LA to me.

IF this were to happen, I assume a name change would be in order. The LA Vikings makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know what they'd name them, but surely they'd give up that moniker (and the NFL would likely see to it that Minnesota keeps rights to the name in case they got a franchise back in the future).

Any (preferably horrible) suggestions for a new name, anyone? The Los Angeles Drama Queens, perhaps - or just Queens for that matter? :hihi:

The Yucs had some good rivalries in the old NFC Central. It's been proven over and over that the NFL will do what's good for revenue over what's good for the game. Take the London game, for example. And the 18 game season for another.

I certainly hope this doesn't happen.

But if it does... I think it would be time for a team-name restructuring. Give "Rams" to LA, St Louis gets "Cardinals" back, and that leaves "Vikings" for Arizona. Perfect.

My first reaction, I admit, is "haha!". I've have grown to really hate Vikings fans (almost got in a fight with one during the Reggie 2 punt returns for for TDs game). But, I just can't wish that on any fanbase, especially after what we've been through. So I hope this never happens. And by the way, **** LA! They don't deserve a team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom