Two Linebackers Who the Saints Should Target. (1 Viewer)

Play Baun/ the rookie.

Unless Winston proves everybody wrong we aren't contending for the SB this year, so give the young LBs reps to improve.
This is crazy lol… Just because the QB is a question mark doesn’t mean you throw in the towel for the year. The team still has to do whatever the team can do to give it the best chance to succeed.

Very true but that will be worked into his contract structure regardless of who picks him up, I’m sure. Priced right, he is a gem.
As Jimmy Johnson likes to say....."you can't make the club, in the tub" The best ability a player can have is ...........availability!

I love Kwon but that achilles injury is one of the worst to recover from, there are no guarantees he will be healthy at all this year....
I think working with that Dr Reef guy will help me make a significant recovery. Maybe that’s just me wishful thinking.

Just like with CB, I'm starting to lean towards the thought that our coaching staff is planning to go into camp at least with the players on the roster. Maybe even into the season. And if one or both positions are killing us, then we make a move. Especially if we're winning games and are in the playoff mix.

IIRC, that's how we ended up with Apple, J. Jenkins, and Kwon. We played most of those seasons starting Crawley, Apple, and Anzalone before making trades.

I know it's an unpopular view, but in recent years, this is what we've done. Luckily we were able to win with leaks in our defense up to the trade deadline, and then brought in a plug for the playoff run. So that makes me feel like maybe these available free agents wouldn't even be the targets. The players we may eventually add could very well be on another team right now, and without knowing which teams will be out of the race and ready to shed cap and acquire draft picks... there's no way to realistically guess who those players are.

Now with all that said, I would be totally for bringing in both a CB and a LB before camp. If for nothing else than depth. We're literally one injury and one suspension away from starting P-Rob on one side and Crawley on the other. THAT would not be a winning recipe.

Just like with CB, I'm starting to lean towards the thought that our coaching staff is planning to go into camp at least with the players on the roster. Maybe even into the season. And if one or both positions are killing us, then we make a move. Especially if we're winning games and are in the playoff mix.

IIRC, that's how we ended up with Apple, J. Jenkins, and Kwon. We played most of those seasons starting Crawley, Apple, and Anzalone before making trades.

I know it's an unpopular view, but in recent years, this is what we've done. Luckily we were able to win with leaks in our defense up to the trade deadline, and then brought in a plug for the playoff run. So that makes me feel like maybe these available free agents wouldn't even be the targets. The players we may eventually add could very well be on another team right now, and without knowing which teams will be out of the race and ready to shed cap and acquire draft picks... there's no way to realistically guess who those players are.

Now with all that said, I would be totally for bringing in both a CB and a LB before camp. If for nothing else than depth. We're literally one injury and one suspension away from starting P-Rob on one side and Crawley on the other. THAT would not be a winning recipe.
While that is what we have done, why wait when you don't have to. There are still some good FA's at positions of needs (CB, LB, & DT). Why go into the season with doubt then have to use draft collateral to fill gaps when we can do it now and keep our draft picks and they can use training camps and pre-season to adjust instead of coming in with little to no time to learn the defense.

If the Saints sign a LB, it'll likely be the third thing after signing a CB and WR IMO. Also I think they won't sign Kwon unless it's a 1 year, $1-2M with no guaranteed money

It's Werner... Not Warner. It's a common mistake but it irks me every time.
Normally I spell Werner, I use Google spell check tho, and it changed Jameis to Jamies, this was also before I did a bunch of research on Werner. Either way, my b 😅

Normally I spell Werner, I use Google spell check tho, and it changed Jameis to Jamies, this was also before I did a bunch of research on Werner. Either way, my b 😅
No worries. Only reason it bothers me is that it's my last name as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom