Two main reasons why I don't hate the Patriots (...probably my only 2) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
The Patriots are the team most other NFL cities love to hate. I understand... I get it.

However, the Patriots did two things that kept sheer heartache from coming to the Saints fan base:

1. After the blown call in the NFCCG, they shut down the Rams. Had the Rams won, it would have been hard to stomach.

2. For the second one, all I have to say is 3-28. :ezbill:

For those two reasons, the Patriots cannot be on my most hated list.

:gosaints:

Here’s a 3rd...

552TFFDZQNDY7I5W7XCGJYG5YM.jpg

Panthers can eat it too. :hihi:

First off, Hi SR.

I dont hate the Pats, but I also dont consider Brady the GOAT as many people do. Brees is the better QB. Brady benefits from having Belichick as the HC. If you take a look at his playoff and SB games, he has played horribly in some. In 2014 the AFCCG vs the Colts he completed only 13 passes for less than 200yds, no TDs, and his team still put up 40+ pts.

Um.. I like them for the three reasons above ONLY.... As a REAL Saints fan, you MUST appreciate and be thankful, for the above mentioned. However!!!!
MANY football fans, uncluding ME, dislike them..... welll.... cause see.... THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT FRICKIN CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!
THEY WERE CAUGHT with Cookie Crumbs ALL UP AND DOWN THEIR ARMS!!!! Excuse me while I video the the Rams, as they run their practice plays before the Super Bowl...
Um.. Hello Tom, is that you? Seems ALL of the footballs have had air taken out of them... You lost your phone eh? Oh,,, OK....
So....maybe...that's why.... ALMOST EVERYONE HATES THEM!!!
They have been caught TWICE!!!! With that said, How manymore times have they cheated and were NOT caught?
Feel me? 98% Reason WHY the Hate?, it's cause of the CheatS! IN my most humble opinion.

Rubbing is racing.

"When you step outside the rule book, you're fudging it a little bit." As for whether those 49ers teams cheated, Montana restated, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'," before adding, "You know, everybody does everything they can to possibly get a little bit of an edge."

Typically, hatred for a non-division rival occurs because that team has generally been a thorn in your side.

As such, there's never been a major reason for me, as a Saints fan, to hate the Patriots.

When people used to talk about hating the Bears after '06......people referenced the rude Katrina sign that was photographed...heckling from fans, etc..........but the reality is, the offensive part was the Bears ending our Cinderella season and then beating us the next 2 times they played us. Since 2011, it's been a different story altogether.

With the Patriots......they were literally our signature win of the 2009 championship season...........they tried repeatedly to give us a game in Foxboro in 2013 that the Saints simply couldn't find a way to close..........and in 2017, losing to them kicked off a pretty awesome run that, by and large, we've remained on, ever since. And none of their championships have come at the expense of the Saints.

So yeah, if one wants to hate them in the traditional "I hate them because they win alot" sports fashion..that's fine.....but they really haven't gotten in the way of our path to success.

Them beating the seahawks was pretty cool too.

Basically AFC teams beating other NFC teams is always fine with me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom