Two more NFC South wins please (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If we could possibly win our remaining two NFC South games we would be the only team ever to have swept the NFC South conference
Tall order l know , but it would sure be something to see
On a side note the NFC South remains the only conference without a team who has managed to sweep it

If we could possibly win our remaining two NFC South games we would be the only team ever to have swept the NFC South conference
Tall order l know , but it would sure be something to see
On a side note the NFC South remains the only conference without a team who has managed to sweep it

We are also going to be the first team to ever win 4 straight NFC South Division Titles.

Both are winnable unless the Saints have secured the 1 seed before they play the Panthers week 17 or are locked out of getting the 1 seed. If one of those happen then they likely rest starters for that game and only play those that they want 1 more game out of in order to make a decision on keeping them for next year.

I don't see scenario 2 happening but 1 could happen if they only lose 1 game the rest of they season.

We are also going to be the first team to ever win 4 straight NFC South Division Titles.

I was bummed when Carolina was the first to win back to back South titles. With FIG Newton no less. I thought for sure it would be a Payton/Brees team to do that.

But 4 in a row has a nicer ring to it!

Both are winnable unless the Saints have secured the 1 seed before they play the Panthers week 17 or are locked out of getting the 1 seed. If one of those happen then they likely rest starters for that game and only play those that they want 1 more game out of in order to make a decision on keeping them for next year.

I don't see scenario 2 happening but 1 could happen if they only lose 1 game the rest of they season.

Difference with that last game against Carolina if we have everything wrapped up than it has been in the past is that because of injuries most of our backups including at the QB position have played a lot this year so they don't really feel like backups. I think we'd still beat them with our "backups".

I was bummed when Carolina was the first to win back to back South titles. With FIG Newton no less. I thought for sure it would be a Payton/Brees team to do that.

But 4 in a row has a nicer ring to it!

Yeah 2010 was a gut punch. We almost won 3 straight back then.

Not counting any chickens. In fact, I think our next game vs ATL is going to be important. It always seems like the 2nd game of the year in that series, that the team that lost the first game comes in and plays very well in the 2nd. I think we still beat them, but I don't see it being an easy game.

But lets say we do sweep the falcons and make it to week 17 with nothing to gain by winning. Who would our back-ups be?
Maybe rest AK, Drew (of course), maybe Taysom, maybe an OL or two... On defense... can we rest a CB? Start PJ and P-Rob maybe? Crawley?
IDK, almost seems we don't have the numbers to rest anyone on the back-end. Rest Jenkins and start Swearinger? At LB I guess we could sit DD
and maybe Kwon, but then we'd have Anzalone and Baun. On the D-line, we could rest 4 starters and still have 4 starting caliber guys on the field.

And we'd either start Winston or Taysom (if we'd want to get him another game with reps). I'd think Winston. I still think we could pull out a win with back-ups this time.

Regardless, I just hope that we're not "needing" to sit people due to injuries. That's been the case that late in most seasons recently. Be nice to just play guys for part of a game knowing we had a bye the following week. Sweeping the division would be nice. So would finally beating that 13-3 record which is the best we've ever finished.

Not counting any chickens. In fact, I think our next game vs ATL is going to be important. It always seems like the 2nd game of the year in that series, that the team that lost the first game comes in and plays very well in the 2nd. I think we still beat them, but I don't see it being an easy game.

But lets say we do sweep the falcons and make it to week 17 with nothing to gain by winning. Who would our back-ups be?
Maybe rest AK, Drew (of course), maybe Taysom, maybe an OL or two... On defense... can we rest a CB? Start PJ and P-Rob maybe? Crawley?
IDK, almost seems we don't have the numbers to rest anyone on the back-end. Rest Jenkins and start Swearinger? At LB I guess we could sit DD
and maybe Kwon, but then we'd have Anzalone and Baun. On the D-line, we could rest 4 starters and still have 4 starting caliber guys on the field.

And we'd either start Winston or Taysom (if we'd want to get him another game with reps). I'd think Winston. I still think we could pull out a win with back-ups this time.

Regardless, I just hope that we're not "needing" to sit people due to injuries. That's been the case that late in most seasons recently. Be nice to just play guys for part of a game knowing we had a bye the following week. Sweeping the division would be nice. So would finally beating that 13-3 record which is the best we've ever finished.

I think your concerns are legit, but CSP would bust a blood vessel if he heard someone say the dropoff between starters and backups was large.

Payton always says he has great confidence in his backups, and many could start if they had an opportunity to prove themselves. I know that's what coaches say, but I think he mostly believes it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom