Two no calls last night! Game impact! (1 Viewer)

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Holding of Thomas when joseph intercepted Brees, and obvious push off by fuller on P. J. for touchdown!
Agree it should not come down to no calls, however, these were pretty obvious!

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked that it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure how the refs missed the obvious pass interference on Thomas. Stuff like that makes me feel like the NFL is biased or rigged. It's as if they are trained not to see the Saints get cheated.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The push off by Fuller could have been called, but I'll let it go as allowing mutual hand-checking. PJ had good position and simply didn't locate the ball. He'll get better at that with experience.

The mugging of Thomas was an inexcusable no-call. And I agree with Andrus, that was a catch and fumble on Coleman.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The backwards pass was a defensive touchdown as well! I knew our offense wasn't going to be able to punch it in afterwards.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.
That catch and fumble is confusing. Nowadays what constitute a catch?. Let just say they rule that as catch and fumble. If Coleman would caught that same pass in the end zone and the defender knock the ball out the same way, would it be a touchdown or and incomplete. Now with the "catch rule" it is different for every catch and every situation.

For me based on the rule, it was the right call. Coleman never got full control before establishing himself as a runner.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked that it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.
They've over-complicated the catch rules.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Speaking of Michael Thomas...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shhhh?src=hash">#shhhh</a> <a href="https://t.co/wB84SN06tK">https://t.co/wB84SN06tK</a></p>&mdash; John Sigler (@JSiglerNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JSiglerNFL/status/767362634853253120">August 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
That catch and fumble is confusing. Nowadays what constitute a catch?. Let just say they rule that as catch and fumble. If Coleman would caught that same pass in the end zone and the defender knock the ball out the same way, would it be a touchdown or and incomplete. Now with the "catch rule" it is different for every catch and every situation.

For me based on the rule, it was the right call. Coleman never got full control before establishing himself as a runner.
That happened in...the New England game, I believe on Friday. Receiver caught the ball in the end zone, took three steps, on the third step, the defender got his hand in and knocked it out and out of bounds. It was ruled incomplete.

WhoDat!5

Amiable Saints Fan aka bbourque5
Reaction score
I am not sure how the refs missed the obvious pass interference on Thomas. Stuff like that makes me feel like the NFL is biased or rigged. It's as if they are trained not to see the Saints get cheated.

While I do agree that was a pretty bad missed call, they did call penalties on the defense for holding in a couple of the plays before that. So I don't think there is a conspiracy; especially not in the preseason.

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The call on Coleman's drop was right according to the rules. Mainly because he was tackled and went to the ground. The rule is pretty clear in that the receiver must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of going to the ground and I think it was too close to say he made any sort of "football move" after he had it. It really was a bang-bang play and I think it was the right call.

But yeah, we got robbed on the Brees pick.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. Based on the way the rule reads, it was the right call. But common sense dictates that it was a catch. Honestly, quite often I feel like Goodell's lack of common sense bleeds over into the rules committee.

That being said, for obvious reasons I was really happy that the call was reversed.

msl

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I agree. Based on the way the rule reads, it was the right call. But common sense dictates that it was a catch. Honestly, quite often I feel like Goodell's lack of common sense bleeds over into the rules committee.

That being said, for obvious reasons I was really happy that the call was reversed.
yeah he caught it, should not have lost it.

Thomas definitely got mugged on the pick which was why he wasnt there.

Andrus Peat mugged Clowney pretty obviously and it was missed. Both ways calls were missed. Speaking of Peat, i thought he was RG yet again he was playing LT and looking shaky

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ndcc Saints Nick Wright torches Sean Payton in this vid (...calls him a jerk) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 68
What did all 4 pass interference calls against the Saints have in common? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Quarterbacks dominate, pass interference calls remain black mark on NFL on first Sunday of season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
albionmoonlight Tom Brady on Pace to Throw More Interceptions for the Bucs this Year than Winston did Last Year Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Brett Favre on Drew Brees’s 2020 season: I think it’s his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Patriots vs. Seahawks: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Raiders featured in ESPN’s multi-network presentation Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Social media reactions to Monday Night Football snoozefest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Titans vs. Broncos: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
J.T. NFL Opening Night Ratings Way Down Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 138
Saints Twitter reactions to Chiefs dominating win on Thursday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0