Two no calls last night! Game impact! (1 Viewer)

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Holding of Thomas when joseph intercepted Brees, and obvious push off by fuller on P. J. for touchdown!
Agree it should not come down to no calls, however, these were pretty obvious!

I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked that it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.

I am not sure how the refs missed the obvious pass interference on Thomas. Stuff like that makes me feel like the NFL is biased or rigged. It's as if they are trained not to see the Saints get cheated.

The push off by Fuller could have been called, but I'll let it go as allowing mutual hand-checking. PJ had good position and simply didn't locate the ball. He'll get better at that with experience.

The mugging of Thomas was an inexcusable no-call. And I agree with Andrus, that was a catch and fumble on Coleman.

The backwards pass was a defensive touchdown as well! I knew our offense wasn't going to be able to punch it in afterwards.

I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.

That catch and fumble is confusing. Nowadays what constitute a catch?. Let just say they rule that as catch and fumble. If Coleman would caught that same pass in the end zone and the defender knock the ball out the same way, would it be a touchdown or and incomplete. Now with the "catch rule" it is different for every catch and every situation.

For me based on the rule, it was the right call. Coleman never got full control before establishing himself as a runner.

I saw Fairly practically tackled in the backfield. Shocked that it was a no call. Then again, I would have called the Coleman incident a catch and fumble.

They've over-complicated the catch rules.

Speaking of Michael Thomas...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shhhh?src=hash">#shhhh</a> <a href="https://t.co/wB84SN06tK">https://t.co/wB84SN06tK</a></p>&mdash; John Sigler (@JSiglerNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JSiglerNFL/status/767362634853253120">August 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That catch and fumble is confusing. Nowadays what constitute a catch?. Let just say they rule that as catch and fumble. If Coleman would caught that same pass in the end zone and the defender knock the ball out the same way, would it be a touchdown or and incomplete. Now with the "catch rule" it is different for every catch and every situation.

For me based on the rule, it was the right call. Coleman never got full control before establishing himself as a runner.

That happened in...the New England game, I believe on Friday. Receiver caught the ball in the end zone, took three steps, on the third step, the defender got his hand in and knocked it out and out of bounds. It was ruled incomplete.

I am not sure how the refs missed the obvious pass interference on Thomas. Stuff like that makes me feel like the NFL is biased or rigged. It's as if they are trained not to see the Saints get cheated.

While I do agree that was a pretty bad missed call, they did call penalties on the defense for holding in a couple of the plays before that. So I don't think there is a conspiracy; especially not in the preseason.

The call on Coleman's drop was right according to the rules. Mainly because he was tackled and went to the ground. The rule is pretty clear in that the receiver must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of going to the ground and I think it was too close to say he made any sort of "football move" after he had it. It really was a bang-bang play and I think it was the right call.

But yeah, we got robbed on the Brees pick.

I agree. Based on the way the rule reads, it was the right call. But common sense dictates that it was a catch. Honestly, quite often I feel like Goodell's lack of common sense bleeds over into the rules committee.

That being said, for obvious reasons I was really happy that the call was reversed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom