Two-Part Question about Carson Wentz with tie-in to the Saints (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In your own opinion, what do you believe is wrong with Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.? If the Eagles decide to go in a different direction at QB, do you think Payton and Loomis would be interested in Wentz?

Wentz is badly battered. He has had a lot of injuries in College and in the NFLto answer the first part.

I dont think the Saints would be interested in him. I feel like the best of Wentz career has passed. The fact they drafted Jalens Hurts in the second round is pretty worrisome. No team who has a QB in thier uses a second rd pick on a QB just for the purposes of gimmick plays.

I think partly injuries and partly play calling. They have no WRs available right now and just lost one of their TEs. As for the play calling part, once you start losing, the creative juices escape, and you start calling an ultra conservative game plan. Just my $.02

In some ways he has no weapons other than Zach Ertz.

However I think he really misses Frank Reich and John DiFillippo. They were the OC and QB coach during their super bowl year.

He’s got a problem that can’t be fixed.

In your own opinion, what do you believe is wrong with Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.? If the Eagles decide to go in a different direction at QB, do you think Payton and Loomis would be interested in Wentz?

The worst thing that Carson Wentz could do as a rookie was to have the phenomenal season that he had because people being people are going to always hold him to a standard that he just can't maintain.

To be honest I never thought that he was that good to begin with.

He caught lightning in a bottle for one season and that was his downfall.

Pederson should know by now that Wentz prefers big targets with strong hands but the Eagles keep bringing in these small speedy receivers with questionable hands.
Then there’s the lack of a reliable receiver out of the backfield. He’s not going to get better under Pederson. I think the eagles will have to choose between Wentz and Pederson after this season.

The Eagles screwed up and picked the wrong guy to hang their hat on... they should’ve stuck with Nick Foles. Foles was the team leader and the roster rallied around him... I realize he was older and had less “upside” than Wentz, but Foles led them to a SB title, and they could’ve had a 4-5 year window of true contention with Nick.

They also could have traded Wentz when he still had all that potential, and could’ve gotten a nice haul for him. Now Wentz is officially “damaged goods” and isn’t worth much IMO

Wow, Wentz to the Saints?

He's arguably the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.

Wentz hasn't been the same since his dive in to the end zone and blew his ACL.
Correct.

Wentz was Russell Wilson before that.

He was great at escapability, the broken play and the deep ball.

He has none of that anymore. The only thing that remained the same is his inaccuracy.

The Eagles screwed up and picked the wrong guy to hang their hat on... they should’ve stuck with Nick Foles. Foles was the team leader and the roster rallied around him... I realize he was older and had less “upside” than Wentz, but Foles led them to a SB title, and they could’ve had a 4-5 year window of true contention with Nick.

They also could have traded Wentz when he still had all that potential, and could’ve gotten a nice haul for him. Now Wentz is officially “damaged goods” and isn’t worth much IMO
Nick Foles is a slightly better Fitzmagic without the beard. Spells of greatness followed by a swandive back into the pool of QB mediocrity.

And I say this as someone who will always love what he did to the Patriots in that Super Bowl.

Coach Pete broke the story about the Eagle Vets going to Pederson (sp?) and saying they would not play full-out for Wentz. Pederson finally gave -in, replaced him with Foles and they win a SB. The Vets did not respect Wentz. Thought he was all about Wentz and was a jerk on the sidelines at times. Personally, I say no.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom