Two recent Saints signings provide insider info ahead of Broncos game (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps it isn't a coincidence that the Saints brought in Shiloh Keo (S) and John Phillips (TE). Keo was with the Broncos for last year's playoffs, this year's training camp and the first three games of this season. Phillips was with the Broncos through week 8 of this year. Check out the quote from their ST Coordinator - ha.

ENGLEWOOD—The Denver Broncos weren’t fooled.

They know it’s not a coincidence their former safety Shiloh Keo signed with the New Orleans Saints in the same week the two teams play each other.

“I could tell you that Shiloh is singing like a canary because he did it when he came here,’’ said Joe DeCamillis, the Broncos’ special teams coordinator. “I can tell you that right now. We played Cincinnati and he came in and gave us everything. That’s just the league. You just have to deal with it.’’

Last year, safety Shiloh Keo spent the offseason and training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals before he was among their final roster cuts in September. He was signed by the Broncos three months later on Dec. 9, 2015, and besides adding much-needed depth to an injury-depleted safety position, Keo came in handy three weeks later when the Broncos played the Bengals.

Keo stayed with the Broncos through the playoffs, offseason and training camp this year, and after serving a two-game suspension, played in three games for Denver this season before he was released again.

The Saints also signed tight end John Phillips late last week. Phillips played the first eight games for the Broncos this season. Between Keo and Phillips the Saints should have the Broncos’ tendencies on offense, defense and special teams covered.

Bronco notes: Keo serves as spy for Saints | 9news.com

This isn't much of a story to me. If we win, it will be because of how our players executed on the field and the coaching staff's gameplan.

This isn't much of a story to me. If we win, it will be because of how our players executed on the field and the coaching staff's gameplan.

Sure, I agree - but I doubt it is purely a coincidence that we brought them in. I think it shows that we're trying our *** off to make the playoffs and we're looking for any edge we can get. Even if we get a hint or a tell from them that impacts one or two plays, it could make a difference. S many of our games this year could have been influenced by one or two plays.

Good post, SuperChuck.

This is absolutely a great insider scout move. Although the Broncos are not the same as it was for SB-50, they are still the defending Super Bowl champs. Those two players on our team can do nothing but help.

Knowing the opponent's tendencies on defense is definitely an advantage. For those who think it's no big deal: Why do teams have a scouting team/group for preparation?

:gosaints:

Though I won't deny that it was a good move to get insider information. But, I wouldn't say the Saints are using them just as spy's unless they are cut after this week. I would see it as we need depth on defense because we play alot of three safety sets. We desperately need help on ST, and everyone knows Payton loves 3 TE sets, and with injuries on the O-line he can't run out an extra O-lineman as eligible to play the 3rd TE

I think Phillips will be a factor blocking the broncos DE's trying to keep Brees clean

Look to me Keo have real good hand eye coordination. Looks to be real good special teamer also. Looks to be a keeper.

Does anyone think sometimes forcing an opponent to change tendencies can be a bad thing?

I mean it's almost forced self scouting and we game plan for most of their tendencies, implement in game and they do the opposite, it could have an opposite effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom