Two TOUGH road wins. (1 Viewer)

Saints are playing excellent situational football. It's not necessarily about one or two positions playing out of their mind, or the offense being excellent. The game planning seems to be on point and the execution is working out for the Saints. Whatever it takes to win, is what they're doing. That is a mark of a great team.

Saints are playing excellent situational football. It's not necessarily about one or two positions playing out of their mind, or the offense being excellent. The game planning seems to be on point and the execution is working out for the Saints. Whatever it takes to win, is what they're doing. That is a mark of a great team.

And we make very good in-game adjustments. That’s huge

And we make very good in-game adjustments. That’s huge

The Vikings came out with a great gameplan early. Give them credit. Half time adjustments along with the turnover and score at the end of the first sealed their fate. With the Saints' adjustments, they just dominated. Even though it only resulted in 3 pts, the 8 minute drive in the 3rd quarter was huge.

The Vikings came out with a great gameplan early. Give them credit. Half time adjustments along with the turnover and score at the end of the first sealed their fate. With the Saints' adjustments, they just dominated. Even though it only resulted in 3 pts, the 8 minute drive in the 3rd quarter was huge.

I'm just so impressed with how patient the team is. They really trust the game plan.

It feels like we give up 30+ points each week and somehow I look up at the end of the game and it's way less than it feelis t should be.

The D really played well in the second half and held a very good offense to 20 points. Great job

Technically, I'd say they scored 13. That last touchdown was more of a garbage time score than anything else.

This felt like a more dominant win than the score would imply, imo.

The defense did not do that well, I will get that out of the way because it wasn't a totally poor performance by any stretch. A pick six and a fumble recovery is the difference in this game and I have to give credit where credit is do the defense did actually win this game more so than the offense. Brees was held in check most of the night so were the receivers which is concerning. The D-Line however was very good and especially in the second half maintaining pressure on Cousins. Still a lot of work that needs to be done in the secondary. Stats why this was a very odd game if you go back in look at it.

The defense did not do that well, I will get that out of the way because it wasn't a totally poor performance by any stretch. A pick six and a fumble recovery is the difference in this game and I have to give credit where credit is do the defense did actually win this game more so than the offense. Brees was held in check most of the night so were the receivers which is concerning. The D-Line however was very good and especially in the second half maintaining pressure on Cousins. Still a lot of work that needs to be done in the secondary. Stats why this was a very odd game if you go back in look at it.

Winning by 10 on the road in Minneapolis against a good team, after winning on the road the week prior against a good team is a great accomplishment. Going into this game we were near the bottom of the league in takeaways. Most teams win on turnovers, it's just how the sport works. But I guess nay sayers are gonna nay say.

We had a game plan and it seems like that involved short plays on offense and rattling Cousins on defense. That game plan worked and we came away with an impressive win. It may not be a type of win you'd expect from the Saints, but it's still a convincing win.

I respect your views and kind of see where you are going. Buy I don't really agree. We are playing an away game. Different game plan. You could also say that the 3 longish FG's were a difference maker too. Just a perfect executed game plan. And the D clearly made a difference and held the offenses back if needed.

The first half yes but the 2nd half they played better

Winning by 10 on the road in Minneapolis against a good team, after winning on the road the week prior against a good team is a great accomplishment. Going into this game we were near the bottom of the league in takeaways. Most teams win on turnovers, it's just how the sport works. But I guess nay sayers are gonna nay say.

We had a game plan and it seems like that involved short plays on offense and rattling Cousins on defense. That game plan worked and we came away with an impressive win. It may not be a type of win you'd expect from the Saints, but it's still a convincing win.

Yeah the game plan changed I understand that we went ahead no reason to sling it like we are 2 TD's behind. So it was a very odd game by Saints standards a win is a win so no issues especially a hard road win so no big deal. Defense has to get its secondary issues fixed or patched at least PJ Williams was abused most of the game yeah he had a pick six and he might of made that fumble but he literally canceled himself out with the coverage he was putting on giving up multiple TD's it was a mix bag with him tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom