Two weeks in a row. Defense creating pressure. (1 Viewer)

I believe our defense is getting more comfortable with the scheme and also the young rookies are learning each week and getting better. We still have a lot of work to do though. Once we get Rankins, Ellerbe and Breaux back, I believe we will improve even more.

stop it with the ellerbe stuff man the guy is a money pit. alot of money for nothing in return. useless imho:jpshakehead:

Two weeks, no .. its three weeks now, that the Saints' D has surrendered over 30 pts. The biggest hurdle for the Saints' D as I see it, is discipline. Too many times players are not where they're supposed to be. Getting some pressure on the qb is great, but its not consistent. And as they keep saying, the D is a work in progress. If we can ever get Ellerbe, Rankins, and Breaux all on the field at the same time, you would see a telling difference in the quality of play on defense.

Two weeks, no .. its three weeks now, that the Saints' D has surrendered over 30 pts. The biggest hurdle for the Saints' D as I see it, is discipline. Too many times players are not where they're supposed to be. Getting some pressure on the qb is great, but its not consistent. And as they keep saying, the D is a work in progress. If we can ever get Ellerbe, Rankins, and Breaux all on the field at the same time, you would see a telling difference in the quality of play on defense.
I think we all know the defense is weak and gives up points. The point of this thread is to discuss the recent and obvious improvement in pressuring the qb on pass plays, which happens to coincide with two wins in a row.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think we all know the defense is weak and gives up points. The point of this thread is to discuss the recent and obvious improvement in pressuring the qb on pass plays, which happens to coincide with two wins in a row.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm with you, man. I love the fact that we're pressuring and sacking the qb. But lets not kid ourselves. If not for Brees just ballin' like he does, we don't win those games.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Saints had 26 quarterback hits and 17 passes defensed the past two games (2-0). During 0-3 start, they had just 9 QHs and 11 PDs.</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/788054104027213824">October 17, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Very impressive and I like where our Defense is headed. Still crazy to think that we give up around 35 points/win. Hopefully the pressure will lead to some turnovers soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom