Tyeler Davison is the new starting nose tackle (1 Viewer)

He earned it. The tape doesn't lie.

Not bad for a 5th round pick, beating out a 3rd rounder. He earned it, we all saw it, and kudo's to staff for awarding him the position.

The defense is getting better.

I TOTALLY dig this!!.. a 5th rounder earning it!.. hell yeah.. Now take them big hands and beat the hell outta' that middle!.. GOTTA respect this!

NW.

I'm a big fan of this guy. Can't wait to see what he can do with a year of NFL weight training and experience behind him. If you're not excited about a pass rush of Jordan/Davison/Rankins/Edebali you ain't got a pulse.

Finally someone in the coaching staff recognized the below average performance of John Jenkins .... when I criticize him on this forum, I get red thumbed like crazy ....

I agree and I really don't know more about football than the average fan. However, Jenkins has never been all that good and I recall Gruden questioned his commitment on MNF a season or two ago. And we know Chucky is the most positive commentator ever.

Let's make sure we are congratulating Davison more than putting down Jenkins. Jenkins has had some rough injury luck that he has tried to fight through to just try and contribute to our team. He has done this all without complaint or incident despite constantly changing schemes. Was his production great? No, but when you are playing against the best of the best that doesn't mean he was lazy he just wasn't as good a football player. He is still in the 99.9 percentile for NT in the country you don't get that far being lazy.

Anyways congratulations to Davison the better our interior line plays the more it will help our biggest question marks at LB and RE.

Absolutely. Jenkins now has a system which should allow him to play and show what he is capable of. He lost a lot of strength last year with that torn pec, and now we will see how he responds to being set at 2nd string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's make sure we are congratulating Davison more than putting down Jenkins. Jenkins has had some rough injury luck that he has tried to fight through to just try and contribute to our team. He has done this all without complaint or incident despite constantly changing schemes. Was his production great? No, but when you are playing against the best of the best that doesn't mean he was lazy he just wasn't as good a football player. He is still in the 99.9 percentile for NT in the country you don't get that far being lazy.

Anyways congratulations to Davison the better our interior line plays the more it will help our biggest question marks at LB and RE.
Absolutely.

What was it he tore? His pec? I remember it was upper body. Guy was solid before then but hasn't looked the same since.

I agree and I really don't know more about football than the average fan. However, Jenkins has never been all that good and I recall Gruden questioned his commitment on MNF a season or two ago. And we know Chucky is the most positive commentator ever.

I clearly remember that comment by Gruden. He really ripped Jenkins on National TV. Ever since then, I have paid a bit more attention to him down in the trenches.

Edebali, Rankins/Fairley, Davison and Jordan is a solid D line as long as nobody gets hurt
It was you! You jinxed it! ;)

I'm actually not too bent out of shape about the Rankins injury. If he can come back later we could have a good rotation. Fairley should be fairly effective for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We also have to remember the improvement of Bobby Richardson who's talent allows him the versatility to rush at End and Tackle look for his steady emergence as his PT will go up because of Rankins injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom