Tyeler Davison is the new starting nose tackle (1 Viewer)

Around 45-55% of 1st round are starters. Depending on draft quality, It can drop too as low as the mid-30s. It is better than the 5% in the Third round and there a lot of times where that 5% turns into 0%. Talent is bottleneck at the top. 3rd round is exactly what it is... a mid-round pick with very low chance of hitting.

Where are you pulling these numbers from? Can you back it up with a source?

Best man on the team should start at each position.

Davison is definitely playing as if it's a man amongst boys. He cannot be blocked one-on-one by most on the interior of the O-line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xq5C1nUCM8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

Davison is definitely playing as if it's a man amongst boys. He cannot be blocked one-on-one by most on in the interior of the O-line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xq5C1nUCM8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah but college tape shouldn't be used to make your point. He needs to do that in the NFL. I think he can do it in the NFL....just saying.

Well I hope it was the scheme.

He was lights-out in preseason last year too. Then come the regular season, he played roughly half the defensive snaps and only got 10 tackles. I could never figure out why.

One of Payton's first remarks early in camp was how the new scheme played to his strengths. He was never a 2gapper but last years scheme asked that the dlineman do that. So that's the reason we started Jenkins over him and why we only primarily used him in Nickel packages. He didn't see significant snaps at NT in base until Jenkins was injured. So there's a reason he didn't have many tackles. Not much running during passing situations

Yeah but college tape shouldn't be used to make your point. He needs to do that in the NFL. I think he can do it in the NFL....just saying.

He had 2 problems coming out of college. First was he was a young guy who needed a year to develop an NFL body. Second, he was the only good player on a hideous Fresno state defensive line, and was accused of being undisciplined and out of position. Which was true, but watching the tape he was trying to be a one man line. I said it when he came out. Give him a year to develop the strength and a set of good guys around him where he is comfortable playing only his position to the best and he was going to start. His success doesn't surprise me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure Jenkins survives this preason.

He will. Ashad Mabry hasn't stood out enough "yet" to make him expendable. Still need two NTs and if Davison is an ascending B player then Jenkins is a C guy or a serviceable backup with experience and a cheap contract. No reason to cut him unless another NT flashes. Couldn't imagine cutting Jenkins then if something happened to Davison u are trotting out Mabry as your starting NT in base packages

Each year I like to use nfl draft countdown to look at player bios. I trust Scott Wright's analysis. I like to look at about the top 15 at every position that I think is a need for our beloved Saints. Wright was dead on with Davison, had a fifth round grade on him. Looking at his numbers, I felt maybe he was that low because of the caliber of competition, but ecstatic that we landed him. Hopefully his rise lights that fire under Jenkins that we all want to see. I'm rooting for this kid to be a pro bowler this year. Who Dat!!!!

I'm so happy to see this. Davison was a freakin man child out there against the Pats. Davison and Rankins are gonna develop into one of the best tandoms in the league. This team has good young talent on both sides of the ball. Very exciting

Finally someone in the coaching staff recognized the below average performance of John Jenkins .... when I criticize him on this forum, I get red thumbed like crazy ....

He will. Ashad Mabry hasn't stood out enough "yet" to make him expendable. Still need two NTs and if Davison is an ascending B player then Jenkins is a C guy or a serviceable backup with experience and a cheap contract. No reason to cut him unless another NT flashes. Couldn't imagine cutting Jenkins then if something happened to Davison u are trotting out Mabry as your starting NT in base packages

But they could also easily replace his past production with a vet minimum pickup and save $800,000.

Davison is definitely playing as if it's a man amongst boys. He cannot be blocked one-on-one by most on the interior of the O-line.

Every time I look at that highlights, the first play shown, am I wrong to say that was a touchdown. The ball did cross the line before his knee hit the ground. Such a odd call.

I know each team doesn't have 22 first-rounders running out there at the beginning of the game. Obviously starters are coming from somewhere other than just the first round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom