Tyler police release video of Ricky Williams search (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TPD releases raw footage of Ricky Williams incident | KYTX.com

after watching this video, I feel that they thought they were going to find some weed on him.
one officer can be heard saying his name before approaching him.
then all of a sudden, acted like they didn't know who he was. you played football? who'd you play for?
Earl Campbell? is he a coach?
IMO, they were trolling him hard.
I don't think it was race thing at all. everyone knows Ricky Williams and Marijuana go together like peas and carrots.
I've never heard an officer ask someone their SSN#. I thought that was odd. maybe that's normal, I dunno..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TPD releases raw footage of Ricky Williams incident | KYTX.com

after watching this video, I feel that they thought they were going to find some weed on him.
one officer can be heard saying his name before approaching him.
then all of a sudden, acted like they didn't know who he was. you played football? who'd you play for?
Earl Campbell? is he a coach?
IMO, they were trolling him hard.
I don't think it was race thing at all. everyone knows Ricky Williams and Marijuana go together like peas and carrots.
I've never heard an officer ask someone their SSN#. I thought that was odd. maybe that's normal, I dunno..

Ssn is the best way to id someone. Especially if they dont have an id on them.

Unless he's under arrest, he doesn't have to provide ID in Texas.

Unless he's under arrest, he doesn't have to provide ID in Texas.

under arrest or under investigation. I don't believe an officer can force you to ID yourself without a legal reason. However if your the subject of an investigation, which RW was, I believe you are required by law to properly ID yourself. Of course I don't know TX law but that would be reasonable based on the situation at hand.

You don't have to ID yourself if under investigation but if you decide to, you can't give a false name. The only time you're required to id is if you've been placed under arrest in Texas.

What about that old country sounding white guy who called the police because Williams "looked suspicious". How are you going to call the police on someone who has literally done nothing at all.

well, he did pick up a tape measure off the ground... there is a big black market value for those things..

You don't have to ID yourself if under investigation but if you decide to, you can't give a false name. The only time you're required to id is if you've been placed under arrest in Texas.

can you provide the case law for that. I just can imagine police having a suspect in a murder or any other crime that just occurred and police are not allowed to identify the person.

What about that old country sounding white guy who called the police because Williams "looked suspicious". How are you going to call the police on someone who has literally done nothing at all.

I thought the police were called because someone was crouching down behind a fence. Also someone had attempted to take a tool from a construction site. Theft is a legitimate reason to call the police.

Having done business for years in Tyler Tx, I am not shocked.

This is harassment plain and simple.

Good thing RW is a chill dude. Someone else may have gotten annoyed and ended up catching a charge.

Yeah I watched it and thought it was foul. I thought the arm slap at the very end from the cop as though everything was copacetic and kosher as though there were long lost pals was hippopotamus ****

Having done business for years in Tyler Tx, I am not shocked.

This is harassment plain and simple.

Good thing RW is a chill dude. Someone else may have gotten annoyed and ended up catching a charge.

explain how this is harassment. The police were called about a suspicious person and then informed about an attempted theft. RW fit the description.

explain how this is harassment. The police were called about a suspicious person and then informed about an attempted theft. RW fit the description.

Its not harassment from a procedural standpoint but you can obviously tell they were being *******s. The guy above you is right. A less chill person would have caused that to be much worse because they would have felt a particular way about what appeared to be a little heckling. You could hear them say initially THATS RICK WILLIAMS...yet they pretended as though they didn't know who he was to ask him 1001 questions and he suddenly fit the description...despite being a FB player who likely has no reason to be stealing anything. Common sense would have told them that from the start, there was no reason to do "due diligence" at that moment as he didn't come across as suspicious and was more than willing to oblige to every command.

However, the comment about "i know more than you think i know" was him trying to say he was lying which is about where the harassment started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom