Tyrann Mathieu Declares for NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

I foresee a glorious training camp career.

I foresee a glorious training camp career.

I'm just kidding.

He'll either fail a drug test or be arrested sometime in the near future.
That training camp career thing is a pipe dream at this point.

Ok. I'm totally serious when I say I see him going to Arizona or Tampa in the third. I told my uncle this and he cursed at me. He was living with Peterson's family in Florida meaning he's attempting a fresh start. Or was. But he's an undeniable talent with an undeniable attitude/behavioral problem. If Tim Tebow can get taken in the 1st who was taken early because he's a great person and teammate, then Mathieu can get taken in the 3rd. That 3rd round pick is a round late for where he'd be taken if he wasn't a problem child, but a round early from where he SHOULD be taken. I bet Peterson convinces his team to pick him up under the assumption that he'll mentor him. Mark my words.

He's too undersized to be anything more than a Dime back. He will strictly be brought in for special teams/return man.

No way he goes in the third with his off the field issues. He'll be luck is he goes in the 5th or 6th.

I foresee him being an undrafted free agent, which sucks because if he would have had his **** together, he'd be a 3rd rounder at worst.

Janoris Jenkins, like Mathieu was projected as a high draft pick before getting stupid. He ended up as a second round pick.

Janoris Jenkins, like Mathieu was projected as a high draft pick before getting stupid. He ended up as a second round pick.

Janoris Jenkins is also bigger and faster than TM. He also managed to play a year at UNA without incident before the draft.

I'm not saying some team wont roll the dice with Mathieu but pretty unlikely he goes before the third round. If I was any team besides the Saints, I'd roll the dice in round 4. The Saints should avoid like the plaque, no way he'll stay out of trouble in NOLA.

Yeah, I don't think he'll go as high as Jenkins, but those people who think he's going to be undrafted are really jumping the gun. There is an lot of time between now and draft day. If he keeps his nose clean then he's good. If he finds trouble then he could very well end up in the Arena League.

I wouldn't dismiss his speed, either. He's pretty damn fast. I've seen enough of his punt returns to know that not many kids in the SEC are faster.

his interviews are going to be tough and those considering him are probably going to lean very heavily on the results of their own interviews. The size is a problem but man at the instincts and talent. If he prepares for the interviews and is genuine and understands it is really his last shot, someone will give him a shot. If he is not genuine, I think most will be able to tell.

if he can run faster than a 4.5 he can be drafted in 3-4th range at best...

anything slower than a 4.50 flat and why would a team spend a valuable pick on a guy who isn't physically elite and is a problem child and drug addict?

In the nfl, you have to have the physical tools or teams will destroy you on a weekly basis....

if he can run faster than a 4.5 he can be drafted in 3-4th range at best...

anything slower than a 4.50 flat and why would a team spend a valuable pick on a guy who isn't physically elite and is a problem child and drug addict?

In the nfl, you have to have the physical tools or teams will destroy you on a weekly basis....

Speed isn't everything, even in the NFL. Instincts, anticipation and his aggressive style are a rare combo. I do think sub 4.5 and his stock goes up, over 4.5 it drops even farther but he'll get a shot if he stays out of trouble regardless of his 40.

Here ya go guys.

NFL AM‏@NFL_AM
Have a question for @Mathieu_Era ? Tweet us using the #BurningQuestions and we'll ask some on Thursday's show. #NFLAM

I'm sure some of you around here could come up with some interesting questions...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom