Tyrann Mathieu - keeping pets outsi (1 Viewer)

Not sure if SSF or EE

So...
will PETA go collect every stray cat and dog and make sure that they are not left out in the cold???

(They can start with the 30+ cats of the "Cat Lady" in the neighborhood.)

So...
will PETA go collect every stray cat and dog and make sure that they are not left out in the cold???

PETA won't, but many rescue operations will and do. My rescued dog was chained to a fence in a yard for the first 6 months of his life. ARNO was made aware of it and had animal control go cut his chain and deliver him to them. He's still terrified of rainy weather to this day from being stuck in it so much as a puppy with no shelter.

So...

Sooooo...that's what you came away with after watching that commercial? Imo, PETA is a horrible organization which seems hellbent on forcing agendas and probably profits nicely from what they do. That doesn't change the fact that this PSA makes good points and will probably save at least a few animals' lives. It's just funny how so many of y'all are looking for every reason to act like that ad is some kind of affront to your sensibilities.

and speaking a treating animals well, lets check in on the NFLs standing with Mike Vick...

I mean, I am all for giving people second chances but I think the NFL is shipping the bed on this. There are plenty of people who would forgive a homicide before they forgive what he did.

Good for HB, doing good work...

I think if you believe in Karma (and reincarnation), Vick's next life is not going to be a nice one....I despise him and always will....

Most of the people I see with outdoor-only dogs are trashy types using the dog as a guard dog rather than a companion. It's probably people that live their lives as one beef leading directly to another so they're of the breed that sleeps with one eye open and has a gun within arm's reach at all times cuz they're always getting into stupid shirt.

That is probably the worst stereo-type I've ever heard. I grew up with outdoor only dogs. We had several acres and they would roam the woods. I spent most my youth outside playing with them anyway. If we had a hard freeze or bad storm we would put them in the garage. In Louisiana, you rarely have to worry about it. My mom wouldn't let them destroy the house after roaming through the mud and brush every day. They were perfectly happy and well cared for animals. They were in their element.

Almost everyone in my family has kept outdoor only animals. Simply because they make your house stink and are made to live outdoors. Again if the weather is bad enough (which it rarely is), put them in the garage.

I also had an outdoor cat for a while. We moved and had to keep it in an apartment for a while. That cat went completely mental indoors and tried to escape every chance it got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom