Tyrann Mathieu on NFL:AM (1 Viewer)

He's a good actor and he knows how to present himself well. I don't trust him to stay out of trouble though. Not in New Orleans at least.

I wish him the best, but he needs to get out of this city and away from his bad influences.

This line right here is telling. to me, he hasn't gotten it yet.
You can run away from your problems, but at some point they will catch up to you. You have to face them head on. If he can't find a way to be a pro in New Orleans, it is only a matter of time until his problems find him again in another city.
Bad answer IMO, i was hoping he turned the corner.
It's possible that the quote didn't come out the way he wanted to, but I think it is quite telling.

he also still a "dumb kid". i think it takes a certain amount of maturity to know your weaknesses and be open to letting others help you along in overcoming them.

I'd risk a third. Probably in the minority here but I think it's worth the risk. I think some team will take him before the end of 3rd.
I'm with you here. I might be over-valuing him, but look what Patrick Peterson has done for the Cardinals. He is a shut down CB AND is a fantastic Punt Returner.

The Badger isn't as good in coverage as Peterson, but he has ball skills, and is great at returning punts, I definitely would be ok with us taking him in the 3rd

He's a good actor and he knows how to present himself well. I don't trust him to stay out of trouble though. Not in New Orleans at least.

I wish him the best, but he needs to get out of this city and away from his bad influences.
First thing I thought when I opened this thread: No way in hell he gets signed/drafted by the Seahawks or Broncos, would be so hard for him to stay outta trouble

Janoris Jenkins had a checkered past but look what he did for the Rams last season. He seems to have grown up. If Matheiu comes to New Orleans hopefully he will finally grow up too.

I mean you have to be a true dumb *** to be caught smoking pot by the cops.

Jenkins wasn't playing in his hometown. There are too much distractions for someone like Mathieu to play in his hometown. He probably wouldn't have gotten arrested if he had went to school at Mcneese or some place after coming out of rehab. He had too much temptation in BR with his boys. Hopefully, the arrest has caused a serious change in him, but I think he would be better off besides NO.

You make Tyrann Mathieu follow Jon Vilma and Will Smith around like a little puppy dog the whole year. That's the only way he stays out of trouble in New Orleans. Even then, idle hands are the devils playground...

If he followed Will Smith around he would probably feel like the third wheel since Will Smith spends most of his day hugging offensive linemen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom