Tyrann Mathieu on NFL:AM (1 Viewer)

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's giving a superb account of himself just now and doing his draft stock no harm with his answers to tough questions.

Then they brought up how he flew back from the combine on the same flight as Steve Whyce and how he was sat next to Rob Ryan Whyce asked him what Ryan said and he responded "He was joking bout how he was gonna draft me and how he would make me this big time player in the NFL, It was just all fun and games"

Whyce then says "So what if they did draft you, how would you like to play for the Saints and be back in Louisiana" .... Mathieu pauses and says with a big smile on his face "I dunno man, we'll have to come up with... definitely a good plan to keep me out of harms way!"

:scratch:

You make Tyrann Mathieu follow Jon Vilma and Will Smith around like a little puppy dog the whole year. That's the only way he stays out of trouble in New Orleans. Even then, idle hands are the devils playground...

What a strange cat...

With that said, I'd love to have him. He's a playmaker and I think people have forgotten just how good of a pure football player and playmaker "The Badger" is.

His showing at the combine just once again proved how much more fluid and athletic he is than the rest of DB's on show.

He's just such an natural football player!

That being said.

I'd say there's a strong chance the Bengals take a look at him at the end of the 2nd round or the Lions in the early third failing that he could be sitting pretty when we select at #75.

How would you guys feel if we selected him in the 3rd? After picking up one of the pass rushers at #15 let's say Jarvis Jones.

ONly If we have traded back and gotten a second round pick. I think he is still too much of a gamble to be our second pick overall. We need to many players to take a chance on him at that juncture. The curse of Godell strikes again.

His showing at the combine just once again proved how much fluid and athletic he is than the rest of DB's on show.

He's just such an natural football player!

That being said.

I'd say there's a strong chance the Bengals take a look at him at the end of the 2nd round or the Lions in the early third failing that he could be sitting pretty when we select at #75.

How would you guys feel if we selected him in the 3rd? After picking up one of the pass rushers at #15 let's say Jarvis Jones.

We need ballhawks like him back in the secondary to pick off errant passes that will come as a result of the heavy blitz schemes we'll be using.

Janoris Jenkins had a checkered past but look what he did for the Rams last season. He seems to have grown up. If Matheiu comes to New Orleans hopefully he will finally grow up too.

I mean you have to be a true dumb *** to be caught smoking pot by the cops.

I would be all for him coming here, but

a. No way I would pick him before the 4th, if another team takes him before that so be it.

b. I would have the shortest leash EVER on him. Let him know that one mess up and he's GONE.

Yes ill take him , make him return punts and save Sproles legs .Young playmakers is what we need point blank and im sure he was joking ....News Flash drugs are everywhere in the U.S. not just on Bourbon

I'd risk a third. Probably in the minority here but I think it's worth the risk. I think some team will take him before the end of 3rd.

I'd love to find a way to select both him and Bacarri Rambo, CB, Georgia.

Talk about playmaking ballhawks!

I really don't like that answer he gave. Attesting to the fact there still may be some lingering issues once he makes it on the NFL stage.

That being said, I would risk a 3rd round pick.

We need play makers on this team in the worst way and he is the ultimate play maker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom