Tyrann Mathieu Pros/cons (1 Viewer)

Just cause you smoke pot dont make u a head case heck i think probably 95% of this boards members have at least tried it and i think you all are good sane guys and gals , your actions make u a head case i just hope RR dont make any stupid public predictions like his brother

Really? Show proof on that 95%

What are you, 12?

It's called hyperbole.

Or do you want him to show the results survey you filled out regarding marijuana when you joined SR?

Figured you could not answer it, Anyway if Tyrann stayed clean he probably would have been first pick in draft despite failing weight test. Think of the millions he lost on pot.

Millions or pot?

Figured you could not answer it, Anyway if Tyrann stayed clean he probably would have been first pick in draft despite failing weight test. Think of the millions he lost,

Millions or pot?

Not everyone is perfect and people deserve second chances and waste their talents all the time at least he figured out how bad he screwed up.

Figured you could not answer it, Anyway if Tyrann stayed clean he probably would have been first pick in draft despite failing weight test. Think of the millions he lost on pot.

Millions or pot?

You figured I couldn't answer a question that has no way to be answered? You really are smart. :smilielol:

And he never would have been a first round pick at his size. Never.

First pick in draft, Failing weight test do not matter.

Millions or pot?

First pick in the draft? Patrick Peterson didn't go first and he > Mathieu. He was probably a late 1st round pick that won't go till the 4th or 5th now.

You figured I couldn't answer a question that has no way to be answered? You really are smart. :smilielol:

And he never would have been a first round pick at his size. Never.

First pick in draft, Failing weight test do not matter.

No, he just might get lit up now. He won't be the only one, I'm sure Manti will get his share of "Welcome to the NFL".

The one thing we do know about him this>>@evansilva: Saw Tyrann Mathieu run down Tavon Austin & Chris Rainey from behind on tape.

TCUDan started this thread discussing Mathieu's on-field pros and cons. Can we stick to that subject please? Nobody really knows whether he has cleaned his act up or not and nobody can know that. Only time will tell.

I think you need to see him play more. He just makes plays. He intercepts passes, he causes fumbles, he recovers fumbles, he tackles and he returns punts for TDs. Will he be a great player in the NFL? Maybe not, but he would be excellent depth in the secondary and a good special teams guy. You don't often times get much more in the 3rd or 4th round.

The only real question mark with him are his character concerns. Which are admittedly serious concerns.

Maybe, I'll check out some of his highlights on youtube.

I think he played himself into the 3rd rd by his performance today. I agree with Deion(unfortunately) he has the nose for the football and the speed to back it up, two things that cannot be taught.

His size will be an issue in the NFL but if you put him on a team with a decent to good pass rush, he will be able to use those instincts to make plays. He has velcro for hands, even on fumbles the ball just sticks to his hands. If he really did move on from his off the field issues, he is going to be a steal for someone. A good pass rush will cover for his size and we haven't even talked about him on special teams.

He is going to get punked by NFL vets on the team that takes him, especially if he comes into the building thinking he's a superstar. I can just picture a vet telling him to carry the pads after practice and calling him a punk.

I'm trying to take the most unbiased opinion here on the kid. He has skills that did him well at the collegiate level. It's a BIG jump to the NFL. Sure, he plays with a lot of heart. Unfortunately, I just don't see him making any sort of impact in the NFL. Here are my reasons:

1. He's too small....both in height and weight. I keep thinking back to Bob Sanders (Colts) and his career was. "When" he was on the field, he did great. Unfortunately, I believe he played in less than half the games eligible during his NFL career because he played with heart and was constantly injured. I see him getting abused by TE's and even average sized WR's from a height advantage. Then to put on top of that him having to tackle running backs...the kid is going to get smeared on a constant basis.

2. Off the field issues. Now, I'm not saying he can't turn over a new leaf and he can't be successful at it. However...it's a whole new league to this guy and the stress of being a rookie is enough to make anyone's head spin. Top that off with his addiction recovery and that's an awful lot for any young man to put on their shoulders. I see a lot of issues with him having to learn a playbook, be in a new city, starting out knowing next to no one, dealing with AA, buddy program, new coaches, etc. If his life wasn't stressful enough before...it is about to explode ten fold on him.

3. Money...this one will depend solely on who his agent, financial advisor, and crowd he hangs with is. Mo' money...Mo' problems! He can say all the right things, but the one thing I'd like to hear from him and to show his determination about playing football and even more so playing in the NFL...tell those teams "Hey...my contract is ONLY as good as I am. To show you I am on the straight and narrow...if I screw up, my contract is as good as voided!"

In the end, I still think my first reason is the main one that will prevent him from being even average in the NFL. I'm sure there is some team out there that is going to buy into the hype and take him in round 2-4. I just hope it isn't the Saints...but I do wish the kid much success in life off the field...where it really counts in the grand scheme of life.

I'm trying to take the most unbiased opinion here on the kid. He has skills that did him well at the collegiate level. It's a BIG jump to the NFL. Sure, he plays with a lot of heart. Unfortunately, I just don't see him making any sort of impact in the NFL. Here are my reasons:

1. He's too small....both in height and weight. I keep thinking back to Bob Sanders (Colts) and his career was. "When" he was on the field, he did great. Unfortunately, I believe he played in less than half the games eligible during his NFL career because he played with heart and was constantly injured. I see him getting abused by TE's and even average sized WR's from a height advantage. Then to put on top of that him having to tackle running backs...the kid is going to get smeared on a constant basis.

2. Off the field issues. Now, I'm not saying he can't turn over a new leaf and he can't be successful at it. However...it's a whole new league to this guy and the stress of being a rookie is enough to make anyone's head spin. Top that off with his addiction recovery and that's an awful lot for any young man to put on their shoulders. I see a lot of issues with him having to learn a playbook, be in a new city, starting out knowing next to no one, dealing with AA, buddy program, new coaches, etc. If his life wasn't stressful enough before...it is about to explode ten fold on him.

3. Money...this one will depend solely on who his agent, financial advisor, and crowd he hangs with is. Mo' money...Mo' problems! He can say all the right things, but the one thing I'd like to hear from him and to show his determination about playing football and even more so playing in the NFL...tell those teams "Hey...my contract is ONLY as good as I am. To show you I am on the straight and narrow...if I screw up, my contract is as good as voided!"

In the end, I still think my first reason is the main one that will prevent him from being even average in the NFL. I'm sure there is some team out there that is going to buy into the hype and take him in round 2-4. I just hope it isn't the Saints...but I do wish the kid much success in life off the field...where it really counts in the grand scheme of life.

Bob Sanders was playing safety at that size so he took a lot more hits and was expected to cover much bigger players. Mathieu will be a CB, maybe a nickel back. If he plays the nickleback spot, he is more likely to be covering small, quick receivers so the toll will not be as great on his body. Plus, as already noted, lots of CBs are similar in size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom