Tyrann Mathieu Pros/cons (1 Viewer)

Dont get wrapped up in the height thing . Drew Brees is Too short to play Quarterback remember

Sorry if has been brought up a;ready but I'm listening to Jim Rome right now and apparently Honeybadger failed the weight lifting portion of combine. He could only do 200 like 4 times and quit.

If this is true he is a wimp

225 four times. But, I really don't care. He has shown on the field that he has the strength and willingness to tackle big guys. Beyond that, I suspect that he slimmed down and concentrated on running the 40 because speed is often times much more of a concern at CB and he is not really built to put up a great 40 time.

Kevin Durant was weak too , the guy is a football player some people just have it Naturally

Do we really need this head case? Obvious he carries baggage. Let him go to Denver where he can smoke.

Umm we just hired RR as Def coordinator thats about as head case as it gets

Do we really need this head case? Obvious he carries baggage. Let him go to Denver where he can smoke.

There is no doubt that he has issues and that taking him would be a risk. But, the same things were said about Warren Sapp and Randy Moss. Do you think the Bucs and the Vikings regret taking them?

Plus, a 3rd or 4th round pick is always a risk pick. In those rounds there are no sure things and probably more of them fail on average than succeed in the NFL. IMO, when you get a change to take a guy who is probably a 1st round talent in the 3rd or 4th round, it is worth the risk. But, like I've said before, I'll trust Payton and Loomis to do the proper evaluations on him and make the right decision about his character and his talents.

I'm not so high on this guy, it seems he gets a ton of attention because of his offseason tribulations more than his on the field efforts. I'm sick of hearing about him in fact.

I'm not so high on this guy, it seems he gets a ton of attention because of his offseason tribulations more than his on the field efforts. I'm sick of hearing about him in fact.

I think you need to see him play more. He just makes plays. He intercepts passes, he causes fumbles, he recovers fumbles, he tackles and he returns punts for TDs. Will he be a great player in the NFL? Maybe not, but he would be excellent depth in the secondary and a good special teams guy. You don't often times get much more in the 3rd or 4th round.

The only real question mark with him are his character concerns. Which are admittedly serious concerns.

Does R.R. get drug tested every week?

Just cause you smoke pot dont make u a head case heck i think probably 95% of this boards members have at least tried it and i think you all are good sane guys and gals , your actions make u a head case i just hope RR dont make any stupid public predictions like his brother

I think some team will take a gamble and grab him in the 2nd round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom