Tyrann Mathieu tweet about Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

We get him in the 4th round on down I think its a good pickup...but those first two picks (1st and 2nd) need to go to Pass Rusher and NT.

I hate when people say this. It isn't where you are it is what you want. If you want it in Buffalo, Kansas City, Green Bay or any other place an addict with that kind of pull and money will find it just as easy as anywhere else.

That is exactly right. If he can't stay straight here, he can't stay straight anywhere.

First off you said the guy was to small. Who cares about small. Its about heart. You dont have to tackle when you taken away the ball. Besides the dude do tackle. Frankly i dont give a rats ***** cause the guy is talented. Honey Badger takes what he wants. Check out the tape son!! Dynamic in all of COLLEGE Football!!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WKCBCUS73Z8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

HATERS!!!!:angryrazz:

Honey Badger sure was taking it in the BCS Championship game. Dude's played two seasons in college and went out with a whimper...

5th. He's small. He's not a future every down player.
I'm not going to say that he's not going to be an every down player, but as physical as he plays I doubt his small frame will hold up for very long. I bet his career is short.

Honey Badger sure was taking it in the BCS Championship game. Dude's played two seasons in college and went out with a whimper...

He only let 2 passes over his head in that game. 1 of which wouldn't be a catch in the nfl. He made good stops on special teams and some good tackles.

its funny how ppl are posting highlight videos of Mathieu... Why isnt anyone posting the video of him in the Bowl game where he was getting thrown at, and beaten, repeatedly!!! he was a playmaker in college who knows what he will be in the NFL. he's small. he's NOT STRONG. so, do you guys really think he's gonna strip the ball from Julio Jones like he did to other college players he played against???? you'd be nuts to think so!!!!!!! this kid has the football instincts, but lacking severely in size, strength, and brains (to some extent).

i like our CB's, and last year should be tossed like LSSPAM says. the only question i have about our secondary is the S position. Roman Harper is a liability. PERIOD!!!!!! i think Jenkins can play the pass cover S we need but we gotta stop putting him in the box like he played most of last year. i think our secondary issues should fall 3rd on the list of NEEDS. so drafting Mathieu would be nice if he falls to us in, say, the 6th or 7th round. if so then maybe, with a compensatory pick, i'd take him. other than that HELL NO!!!!

Beat me to it. I have the DVD if anyone wants to borrow it.

I don't want him anywhere near this team. People need to leave their LSU homerism in Baton Rouge.

is that the game the LSU offense didnt get but 1 frist down in the whole game,and the defense was on the field 59 minutes of the game?

Sounds like excuses. Why couldn't said defense get off the field, or produce these immaculate turnovers by Mr. Mathieu?

his combine was terrible

EDIT - Ok his combine wasnt as bad as i thought.... however his bench press was terrible and hi problems are still tied with the NOLA area

Nice edit:hihi:

Something I haven't seen many talk about is his size. Many speculated that he was as small as 5'6" and in the 160 lb range. He came in at 5'9" and 186. Exactly his listed height in college and some added bulk.

The guy may very well be toxic, but he did have a ton of haters calling him too small and too slow for the NFL his entire college career. He did well today shutting them up.

Yahoo on Mathieu's strong combine showing

NFL.com piece on Mathieu's performance

He's obviously a gifted playmaker. There is really no way to dispute that. When he started his career at LSU I was very high on the guy, no pun intended. I felt like he was going to be a star. Sure enough, he ends up having a break out season that in many ways ruined him. He became the "Honeybadger", a talented yet unbelievably cocky football player. The fame pushed a player who is already hardly humbled into a complete head-case.

He has made me absolutely despise him at times, but I always hoped the kid would turn it around. On numerous occasions he has shown himself as someone with a complete lack of character; from the marijuana charges to the moronic tweets (saying he's the greatest, talking crap to anyone giving him ridicule, posting picture of cars he will supposedly have, like a Bentley. etc.).

But, the guy could be an asset to this team, and if any coach could scare the stupid out of him it would be Payton. He is a Saints fan, and this is undoubtedly his #1 choice if he could choose (Cardinals #2 to join PP). IF he can get his act together, I'd be all for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom