Tyrann Mathieu tweet about Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

I'd take him in the first round (im red thumb ready) I think he could be a franchise player for the next 15 years. Sure he will get in trouble, he might not have the personality that you like him to have but he's a leader and he can ball.

I'd take him in the first round (im red thumb ready) I think he could be a franchise player for the next 15 years. Sure he will get in trouble, he might not have the personality that you like him to have but he's a leader and he can ball.

CB's are not franchise players. Look how that turned out for the Jets.

People get caught up in numbers, and the fact is he's not the best cover guy... but I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat. As long as he's finally gotten his head on straight the kid is a straight up play-maker. We can haggle about his bench press and whatever but when the game starts the kid leaves it all on the field for his team.

He's a football player!! I don't care about his 40 time or what he bench press, that doesn't change the fact that he was a playmaker on the field. Rob Ryan will have him lined up all over the field, covering WRs, blitzing the QB, and I believe Rob Ryan love his nickname lol.

Some of you are so uniniformed its ridiculous... 1st of all he's 5'9 186
2nd The announcers at the combine were praising him all day and he had the best footwork and hips in the drills today. Deion Sanders called him a "immediate starter" "a baller with hands like a reciever". 3rd Benchpress is meaningless concerning cornerbacks and besides strength can be worked on, theres a reason Janoris Jenkins, Morris Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick skipped BP last combine. 4th 4.5 official is plenty fast and was faster than 3 out of 5 corners drafted first last year, but if you knew anything about football that wouldnt concern you because you know straightline 40's aren't the true measure of speed on a football field.

Anyways go Saints!

:ezbill::ezbill:

oh i btw i believe our beloved Jabrari Greer is 5'9 5'10 180 pounds and ran a 4.5 at the combine. He's small is he not a every down player?

Yeah... that's like believing that a guy 5'8"/175, driving a beer truck could walk off the street and play in the NFL... oh, wait!

:gosaints:

I love the Beerman but I wouldnt have spent a 4th rounder on him....would you?

Very true about bench and 40 not being important. In high-school I wasn't the fastest and out of my senior class I benched like 3rd to least out of 9 seniors. I still finished 2nd on the ream in tackles as a D end and ran down plenty of plays from the backside plus I was voted as a captain. The combine is just a beauty contest imo

oh i btw i believe our beloved Jabrari Greer is 5'9 5'10 180 pounds and ran a 4.5 at the combine. He's small is he not a every down player?

Hey your screen name suggests you may have caught an LSU game or two before. So maybe you can help me.

Tyrann Mathieu, didn't the majority of his big plays come while playing as a nickel/dimeback or safety? LSU moved him inside quite often.

If Rob wants him, I like it. But this is just a FYI... I do like the idea of a hard hitting playmaker on the backside who can catch. He can play FS with no usual engagement, just a deep center fielder flowing to the ball...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom