Tyrann Mathieu tweet about Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sitting next to RobRyan ! He Is a cool and down to earth person! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%231stclass">#1stclass</a></p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/306511037992148993">February 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe, we take him in the 3rd?

No!! we need him away from his problems if he is ever going to make it in the league... .also his combine was terrible

if we were to fall in love only 5/6th i whould take him.... if he goes higher good luck to him

EDIT - Ok his combine wasnt as bad as i thought.... however his bench press was terrible and hi problems are still tied with the NOLA area

No!! we need him away from his problems if he is ever going to make it in the league... .also his combine was terrible :covri:

if we were to fall in love only 5/6th i whould take him.... if he goes higher good luck to him
i'll buy his bench press at the combine was terrible,but his overall combine was Solid..

Lol just cause he's talking to him doesn't mean we're drafting him. He will talk to a lot of people

Im cool with him in the 4th round. 3rd only if no other good options.

He didn't run a blazing time and his other measurables were nothing special, including an abysmal showing on the bench press, but overall he looked fluid and like a born football player.

And his film can only speak for himself. Apprehension based on his off the field stuff is another story. But as a football player, he's worth a look on that alone.

They adjusted his time to a 4.50. Thats borderline on a small DB. I saw someone say that his 4.43 wouldn't let teams forget his 4 reps on the bench press. His forced fumbles, sacks, tackles for loss and physical play say everything anyone would need to know in the 3rd and 4th round. After a decent combine, I wish we could take him now. Sad reality is that with only a 1st and a 3rd, we have NEEDS to fill and no room to impulse shop. If he's there in the 4th (he won't be), I'd consider that a gift.

I think those wanting to bring a recovering drug addict to play football in New Orleans are kidding themselves. Places like New Orleans and Miami are not the best for people who cannot resist temptation.

You guys can debate his measurables all you want, but if he couldn't handles success in Baton Rouge, I do not think bringing him to the big games in the big easy is a good idea.

Glad to hear he likes RR though. Kind of seals my impression as a coach that players want to play for.

I assume by his hastag "1st Class," Mathieu is traveling on the plane back to New Orleans with Ryan next to him. If anything, it provides Ryan with ample opportunity to pick Mathieu's brain. There was an anonymous coach that said he only got 15 minutes with the Honey Badger but wish he had four hours. Well, the flight time from Indy to NOLA is about 2 hours. But I am sure there is likely to be a stop in between, either in Atlanta or Memphis. Assuming they both stay on the course toward the Crescent City, Ryan might conceivably have 3.5 hours with Mathieu to pick his brain.

If the kid makes a positive impression on him, he would have a chance to ascertain all the information he needs outside of the film and combine workout tape to petition Mickey and Sean to draft him if available say in the third or fourth round. And I doubt he gets the latter, barring him doing anything stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom